Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake Up,, its time to get back at it!!!,, we HAVE enough,next time

Wake Up,, its time to get back at it!!!,, we HAVE enough,next time

Ok,, here is an idea and lets see if we can get some takers,, seeun as how the last project swap went great, and its been sometime since we have had one.. lets get some dust of our tools..even the spinny ones jeff this project needs to be completed by dec. 15.. plenty of time right.. and its gonna be a swap with other fellow members.. it can be spinny or flat or a combo.. we should make it to fit in a large flat rate box. that way those fine looking heavy sided bowls can fit in easily or a nice hollow form.. yup yur gettin the idea this is to be a project yu would give best friend. not the boss or the neighbor down the road that gave yu a basket of veggies this summer.. strut your stuff here to with in reason and this can be already done to help on the time frame for the spinny guys and the slower flat workers the folks that enter will be picked randomly by a non partisipateing memeber if possible.. and if there are enough to do this i am going to see if we can have the name yu get to send to given to yu before the starting time.. gotta get some outside help on this and to see if it is fair but if yu happened to get a guy yu dont want to send him a jewelry box and if anyone has any input on this as to ow we should set it up feel free to jump in.. we will have a starting date of the oct 26th if we can get it sorted out that fast .. well thats all i got now let see where this can go oh and allen yu are so fast yu already got yours done and have read the pm that tells yu who yu got to send to so go to your local post office and get a large flat rate box so yu can see the size requirements.. i think its 12x12x5.5 and cost is the same no matter the weight or destination upto 70 lbs.. so even a small plane could be slipped in or a heavy piece of ironwood Also these need to be dated and signed folks
    Last edited by larry merlau; 10-19-2009 at 04:37 PM.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

count me in ol son!
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Larry,
    Is this a way for you to get some turned pieces without having to get a lathe..
    Oh what the heck, I'm in.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

he is sneaky, idd'n he?
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

I am going to have to wait for the second go around Larry, sorry. I don't have stuff moved in yet and the garage is not fit, well, errrrr, not fit to work in. Anyway, was wondering if this was how Larry was going to anonymously send out his first spinny work!!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

I'm in too!!

Only dust on my spinny tools is from to much sanding...
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

no lathe in this shop!!! but i might be needin some spinnun done in da future

Volunteers:
    Dan Noren
    Don Baer
    Jeff Bower

Jonathan Shively
    Chuck Ellis

Tom Niemi
    Don Orr
    Barry Richardson
    Stephen Bellinger
    Vaughn McMillan
    Bruce Shiverdecker
    Kalea Thoits
    Rob Keeble
    - asking for another canadain Please...
    Jim Burr
    Chuck Rodekohr
    Doug Miller
    Jay Caughron
    Mac Cameron

Randy Street
    Al Killian
    and ME -Larry Merlau..
    Last edited by larry merlau; 10-20-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: more names BRAVO
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I might be able to help, Spindle work ? I can only do up to 16" long without buying the extension on my little Rikon. Which I been thinking about..
    I can turn up to 12" Dia max. other wise I'd have to just get the big yeller model..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    I am going to have to wait for the second go around Larry, sorry. I don't have stuff moved in yet and the garage is not fit, well, errrrr, not fit to work in. Anyway, was wondering if this was how Larry was going to anonymously send out his first spinny work!!!
    Be brave and throw on a extra layer of cloth or work faster. I have to see if I can get time for this.

[QUOTE=Al killian;183460]Be brave and throw on a extra layer of cloth or work faster. I have to see if I can get time for this.[/QUOTE

Come on Al and Jonathan. I gonna do it even with my big commishon gettin ready to start.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 10-12-2009 at 07:21 PM.