Wake Up,, its time to get back at it!!!,, we HAVE enough,next time

larry merlau

Ok,, here is an idea and lets see if we can get some takers,, seeun as how the last project swap went great, and its been sometime since we have had one.. lets get some dust of our tools..even the spinny ones jeff:) this project needs to be completed by dec. 15.. plenty of time right.. and its gonna be a swap with other fellow members.. it can be spinny or flat or a combo.. we should make it to fit in a large flat rate box. that way those fine looking heavy sided bowls can fit in easily or a nice hollow form.. yup yur gettin the idea this is to be a project yu would give best friend. not the boss or the neighbor down the road that gave yu a basket of veggies this summer.. strut your stuff here to with in reason:) and this can be already done to help on the time frame for the spinny guys and the slower flat workers:) the folks that enter will be picked randomly by a non partisipateing memeber if possible.. and if there are enough to do this i am going to see if we can have the name yu get to send to given to yu before the starting time.. gotta get some outside help on this and to see if it is fair but if yu happened to get a guy yu dont want to send him a jewelry box:) and if anyone has any input on this as to ow we should set it up feel free to jump in.. we will have a starting date of the oct 26th if we can get it sorted out that fast .. well thats all i got now let see where this can go:) oh and allen yu are so fast yu already got yours done and have read the pm that tells yu who yu got to send to:):rofl::thumb: so go to your local post office and get a large flat rate box so yu can see the size requirements.. i think its 12x12x5.5 and cost is the same no matter the weight or destination upto 70 lbs.. so even a small plane could be slipped in or a heavy piece of ironwood:) Also these need to be dated and signed folks:)

Last edited:
I am going to have to wait for the second go around Larry, sorry. I don't have stuff moved in yet and the garage is not fit, well, errrrr, not fit to work in. Anyway, was wondering if this was how Larry was going to anonymously send out his first spinny work!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

no lathe in this shop!!! but i might be needin some spinnun done in da future:)

Volunteers:
Dan Noren
Don Baer
Jeff Bower

Jonathan Shively
Chuck Ellis

Tom Niemi
Don Orr
Barry Richardson
Stephen Bellinger
Vaughn McMillan
Bruce Shiverdecker
Kalea Thoits
Rob Keeble
- asking for another canadain Please...
Jim Burr
Chuck Rodekohr
Doug Miller
Jay Caughron
Mac Cameron

Randy Street
Al Killian
and ME -Larry Merlau..

Last edited:
I am going to have to wait for the second go around Larry, sorry. I don't have stuff moved in yet and the garage is not fit, well, errrrr, not fit to work in. Anyway, was wondering if this was how Larry was going to anonymously send out his first spinny work!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Be brave and throw on a extra layer of cloth or work faster.:D I have to see if I can get time for this.

cant do it larry, its your fault young man. Im already getting slack I havent started taking down the paper and working on the walls and stairs.
I had originally promised Id have it done by new years, but I dont think Ill be anywhere near finished, but I will try to get the front room all ripped, repainted, one wall up, one wall down.
Then you went and let my wife see all that brown stuff, and now, cause she thought it was pretty, she wants a little hall type table near the front door, and she wants it yesterday.
She wanted some gift items, I made 6 cutting boards so far, ordered more pens kits, gotta get going on that, and if I dont start ripping down wall paper within 2 weeks, I will not only be redoing my garage, I will be making it my new home.
I never thought Id say this, but Im way too backed up with projects and xmas season means Ill be working alot within another month, which translates into less home time.(I told my wife if Im working 12 hour days, I cant do much painting and stuff in the house, cause Im old , partially handicapped,and it will kill me. she said then I better start doing it now, and stay out of the shop. Normally Id call her bluff, but shes not thrilled with me goofing off all day long outside lately when I have so much work inside to do.
Then I asked her how does she want me to make her gift items if I cant go outside, and she said, stop watching FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT!!!!!!! I cant believe she even suggested that.Dont go in the shop and dont watch football, 2 out my 3 favorite things, next thing ya know shell tell me to stop wasting time eating.

Gotta pass, unless someone wants an already built adirondack chair or cruddy cutting board.

Last edited:
ok we ghot a few now maybe yu turners can mentione this over in your world on the other side so they that dont read flat or general work will be aware,, i dont dare go over there and mention it they would tar and feather me:)

ok we ghot a few now maybe yu turners can mentione this over in your world on the other side so they that dont read flat or general work will be aware,, i dont dare go over there and mention it they would tar and feather me:)

Done Larry!:thumb:
which, jeff, the mention or the tar & feathering?

& for right now, I'm going to simply watch this thread. I'm working on christmas gifts etc... and don't want to drop the ball.

OK, I have no clue what I will build, don't know when I will find the time, but I do have a wood shed full of wood that I should be able to create something out of, SO count me in Larry:thumb: