American Woodworker & Google Books

I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT A POST SUCH AS THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM.

I WAS GIVEN A LIST OF THINGS THAT HAVE TO BE DONE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY AND IN RETURN I GAVE MY WORD AND A PROMISE THAT IT WOULD BE COMPLETED, BUT I TOOK 5 MINS OUT TO CHECK OUT THE FORUM AND THERE IS NO SENSE IN TRYING TO EXPLAIN THE REST OF THE STORY. MY WIFE DID NOT EXCEPT MY EXCUSE OR REASONING AND I'M SURE YOU WONT EITHER.

Jiggs Elphison

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

your new icon there Vaughn?

I tried to print selected articles, but could not.

Do you have to pay a fee to print?

If so, I could not find an explanation.

Anyone else try to print?

I need to print, so I can take the article to the woodshop.

Any suggestions?

Martin,

It's set up that way, it's part of the deal with the publishers. Copyright law is pretty arcane, so I won't go into it.

You *can* do a "Print Screen" (look on your keyboard. But it gets pretty old after a while... ;)

Time to get a machine for the shop! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks, Bill, I thought it might be my computer. I have been having a lot of problems with it lately.

Maybe I could copy and paste to Word?

I'll try that next time I visit the site.

If not, I'll try the your print screen idea.

Thanks!

One other idea you can try is a little program called Snag it.

It allows you to "snag" regions of a screen or scrolling windows etc and save and edit what have you, read here

SnagIT there is a free trial download you can try.

Real great little program i got myself a legal copy.:thumb:

A laptop for the shop is the real deal. I got one this summer and was a huge project just to get a wirer-less signal from house to shop. As my house is plaster inside and stucco outside. Signal won't make it through the wire mesh. Had to run a hardline to the shop and then a router. But now it is so nice to bring up things to help me get things done from the great tips from you all.:D:thumb::rofl:

It's interesting that American Woodworker decided to release their old magazines for free, but ShopNotes/FWW/Wood all charge $50-150 for their sets. Wonder if AW assumed it would quickly turn into pirated software on torrent sites soon enough anyway.

Thanks, Bill, I thought it might be my computer. I have been having a lot of problems with it lately.

Maybe I could copy and paste to Word?

I'll try that next time I visit the site.

If not, I'll try the your print screen idea.

Thanks!

Nope, you can't copy and paste either... I do that all the time with articles I want... copy to word, then convert to PDF for storage.

These won't let you copy either.

Guess I'll have to fix the wife's computer so I can take my laptop back and take it to the shop... fortunately, I have a wi-fi connection that will work in the shop.