Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Mesa, AZ

Hello from Mesa, AZ

HI All,

My name is Adam and I am a new "Family" woodworker. I started up the hobby a little over seven years ago. I don't do a whole lot yet except spend money. I've made a few utilitarian bookcases (didn't even bother to remove the Home Depot color code on the end of the wood), a coffee table, kitchen island, and a few boxes. Also managed to turn out about 100 pens. When people ask why I have so many tools, but so few projects to show, I just tell them I am learning a hobby for my retirement years. No need to rush given that I won't be retiring for at least 20 years. Actually, this year has probably been my most productive so far. Three items completed: Two for the shop and one practice box to test out my new table saw.

I am getting a bit bored with pens so my goal for this year is to increase my turning skills and learn how to turn bowls.

adam

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Hey Adam, Welcome to the family. I'm from just down the road a piece. I am sure you will find this place a useful toal in your quest to learn. There are a few other family members in the area and they both turn so if you need help just ask. One thing to remember is we like pictures of projects.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Welcome to the Family Adam.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Hey, Adam. Welcome to the Family!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Welcome to the Family Adam!

Hey, another turner!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Adam,
    welcome to the family!
    -Ned

Welcome Adam how's about some pics of your shop, we love pics

Hi Adam! I know your on the other end of town, but if you ever want to journey out this way, I'd be glad to show you what I know about turning

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Richardson View Post
    Hi Adam! I know your on the other end of town, but if you ever want to journey out this way, I'd be glad to show you what I know about turning
    Adam thats an offer you should take him up on. Barry does outstanding work.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Hi Adam

Just joined myself a couple days ago, and have already gotten lots of great information.

Have fun, and be safe.

rick