1st angel

I thought i'd try something new to me.This is my first angel i've ever tryed, and thanks to a pic i stold from John lucas over on woods forum i thought it turned out ok. John is coming to demonstrate a angel in Jackson in nov. at the local aaw meeting, so i thought i'd try to figure it out and then go and see now he does it.:D
Well it's made from a piece of scrap that i cut off from one of my box elder bowls, and it is 4 1/2" tall by 2 7/16" at the base
As all way all comments welcome
Steve

Attachments

• 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 010 [800x600].JPG
    010 [800x600].JPG
    76 KB · Views: 45
That's great Steve... how did you attach the wings?
You said you cut them from a small bowl?
C'mon give us more info... we (I) might want to put the tutorial into my "I'm gonna do one of these someday" file.

who did yu use for a pattern certainly it wasnt yu:) nice angle steve:thumb:
Larry it would have to be Sher as she is the closest thing to a angel i'll ever see.:D On a real note she died at the age of 17 in a house fire and if it wasn't for her i'm sure i woun't be typing this right now.Luckly the fire chief lived next door and saw it.

That's great Steve... how did you attach the wings?
You said you cut them from a small bowl?
C'mon give us more info... we (I) might want to put the tutorial into my "I'm gonna do one of these someday" file.
Chuck they are quite simple. As you can see all you do( in my case anyway) is turn a bell with a head, part it off,then drill out two holes across from each other, with what is left .Turn a small bowl with a 3/8" dowl attached and your done. hope that helps.:)

Very nice angel. Those are fun and quite easy to turn once you get it in your mind. I drill the wings before turning, makes for a propeller sound, kind of psychs out my students!!!
Johathan i wish i had thought about drilling the wings to begain with, but i had to just jump right in with out thinking it through.I figured that out after the fact.:rofl:

Barry, Don,Bernie,Vaughn,Bob,and ofcorse Stuart thank you for the kind comments. Now get to work!:rofl::rofl: