MARTIN T26 Shaper has arrived....

doug, if i reacall correctly you said you intended to build passage doors using this shaper? did you get the tennoning table?

doug, if i reacall correctly you said you intended to build passage doors using this shaper? did you get the tennoning table?

Tod I plan to do mostly cabinet doors and some passage doors. They have a sliding table/tenoning option that mounts on the end of the machine but I did not get it.

They do have a bolt on tenoning table/jig thats pretty nice and ALOT cheaper than the sliding table that I will get for doing passage doors.

Thanks for looking.

Doug

Now for a few specs: The machine is a tilting spindle shaper. Tilts both ways foward and back. It weighs in at almost #3000. It has extension tables on both sides with a pullout front extension. It has a power feed with swing away support and overhead control panel.

The fence is a digital Aigner with a swingout of the way option. The spindle is 1 1/4" with 30mm and 40 mm options. It's quick change and has an airlock for easy removal.

I will take some more pics of the fence close up when I can move the feeder out of the way. It's rise and fall is operated electronically and I don't have power yet. Hopefully my electrician will show up today.

Doug

Tod I plan to do mostly cabinet doors and some passage doors. They have a sliding table/tenoning option that mounts on the end of the machine but I did not get it.

They do have a bolt on tenoning table/jig thats pretty nice and ALOT cheaper than the sliding table that I will get for doing passage doors.

Thanks for looking.

Doug

doug, although not in the same league as martin:eek: ...i find the tennoning table to be invaluable for endgrain work.....if you`re able to fit one on the end you`ll never regret the decision!......here`s mine...tod

MVC-223S.JPG

MVC-224S.JPG

MVC-225S.JPG

doug, although not in the same league as martin:eek: ...i find the tennoning table to be invaluable for endgrain work.....if you`re able to fit one on the end you`ll never regret the decision!......here`s mine...tod

View attachment 3405

View attachment 3406

View attachment 3407

Tod I know what you mean. When I get to the office I have a pic on my other computer of their tenoning table. It's a bolt on affair. I will post a picture of it.

Doug

Congrats Doug...:thumb:

No other words work, except those that express my jealousy. :doh:

Now get the tenoning table, get power to the beast, and lets see the cutter cut! ;)

- Marty -

Thanks Marty,

Getting power is one thing and learning to use it is another. Lots of reading and testing to try and figure everything out.

Doug

be carefull! a shaper is the mst versitle tool in the shop and if not jigged properly one of the most dangerous!....have fun and be safe..;) ..tod

Certainly shows the difference between us weekend warriors and the production environment.

NICE machine................... :D

Oh, don't forget to remove this piece eh....;)

inside_dougs_martin.jpg

........and what is with the OSB....... I thought is would be some fancy hardwood :D

Should be an heirloom tool that one!

Cheers!

Certainly shows the difference between us weekend warriors and the production environment.

NICE machine................... :D

Oh, don't forget to remove this piece eh....;)

View attachment 3408

........and what is with the OSB....... I thought is would be some fancy hardwood :D

Should be an heirloom tool that one!

Cheers!

Oh...you mean I need to take that out? :huh:

Yea can't do anything till I get power. I'll update when I do.

Doug