Air Compressor Question

I ended up picking up a nice used Ingersoll Rand air compressor off of craigslist a few months back. I finally ran the electrical and got it hooked up last weekend. It is working great but I am now realizing I need a good pressure regulator since the compressor is 175 psi and does not have one built in. I also want to pick up a good air filter since I plan on buying a conversion gun in the near future to do some finish work with. Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited:
chris, there are several companies making good regulators....norgren is one...
you should look at addressing moisture before adding a filter....either a refridgerated drier(bucks!) or a few loops of pipe with drains at the bottom...
then add a toilet paper filter from motorguard(cheap) or a coalessing filter from sata or binks(bucks)......be prepared to spend what you did on a compressor(or close) getting it plumbed and delivering dry air.......tod

Tod, Thanks for the information. I am going to call around tomorrow and figure something out. It seems like most of the filters with regulators only support up to a max of 150 psi, while my compressor is set at 150 psi. So I suspect I might need an intermediate regulator before I put the filter and final regulator on. Thanks

Here a quick gloat on the compressor

It is a 80 gallon IR compressor with a 7.5 HP motor. 24 CFM. I ended up getting it for about 1/3 the cost of a new 60 gallon one. Its an overkill but the price was right. Ignore the pile of sand and salt stacked against it. Try to rebuild one of my salt water tanks currently.

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1600.jpg
    IMG_1600.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 22