Grizzly G1023SL for $795 new...$889 shipped

scott spencer

Grizzly has selected table saws on sale (rare), and the discount is ~ 25%. $889 to your door for a G1023SL 3hp left tilt cabinet saw!
g1023sl.jpg

Here's the link to the others

Wow when i consider what i paid not that long ago for my postal code craftsman cabinet saw and its only 1.75hp with plastic handles etc. Now for the price i paid i could have had extended rails ,3hp and magnetic start switch.

One thought that comes to my mind is the newer designs now come with adjustable riving knives. When does that regulation kick in? Anyone know?

I wonder how much of this is recession driven and competition driven?

One thought that comes to my mind is the newer designs now come with adjustable riving knives. When does that regulation kick in? Anyone know?

Rob,

In the EU? I think it's already there. In this country? Cold day in heck. In Canada? [Insert mildly amusing Canadian joke here, ending with, Eh] Who knows?

Does Grizzley sell in Canada? I thought there was some wierd issue?

Thanks,

Bill

Wow when i consider what i paid not that long ago for my postal code craftsman cabinet saw and its only 1.75hp with plastic handles etc. Now for the price i paid i could have had extended rails ,3hp and magnetic start switch.

I wonder how much of this is recession driven and competition driven?

The UL mandate was a 2-prong thing. The one covering all new models - which is models not on the market at the time of the mandate in 2007 I think it was - is already in effect. The 2nd prong is for all existing models which goes into effect in 2010. You can bet that's why this 1023 is on sale - they've gotta clear out the old models that don't meet the UL listing or risk having a load of un-listed inventory that people may not want to buy.

It's a good price if you're not looking for a saw with a riving knife. I'm not. :)

Grizzly won't ship to Canada. They have a no compete agreement with another direct importer...supposedly owned by Shiraz's brother but that's rumor AFAIK.

There is a BORK (Bolt On Ripping Knife) that'll fit the 1023SL, and it works pretty well.

BORK1-2.jpg

BORK2-1-1.jpg

BORK016-1-1.jpg

rt001-1-1.jpg