Jet 10-20 Drum Sander

Looking for good or bad reports on this benchtop machine. Searched and seen where a couple folks have one, but no reports. I really want one, as all I appear to be doing lately is doors, more doors.

that is where i am at as well but i have had one of the cantilever types and alot of folk have as well but from my expeirernce if yu want good work and your doing alot of doors i would go with wood master, if yur busy with doors now your gonna be busier later on and will never look back at the purchase of the woodmaster in my opinion. its flat for 26 inches and now fliping from side to side to get your 20" doors one pass each side and then continue till your where yu want to be.. but they will be flat not thinner on one side.

I've had the Performax (now Jet) 10-20 for five years or so, and I use it a lot. It's been a very useful and reliable machine, and does <10" wide stuff beautifully. For wider stuff, you have to be very careful, and take even lighter passes than with sub 10", or you'll have a visible 'transition' between the two passes. This is not a big problem, but does require additional hand sanding.

As I said, it's a good machine, and I'd buy it again - unless I could get a really good deal on a Woodmaster. BTW, I missed a good deal on one just last week. It was a 26" model, in the classifieds for $450. I called at 7:15 a.m., and the guy told me it was already sold, and I was about the 25th caller...

I've had the Performax (now Jet) 10-20 for five years or so, and I use it a lot. It's been a very useful and reliable machine, and does <10" wide stuff beautifully. For wider stuff, you have to be very careful, and take even lighter passes than with sub 10", or you'll have a visible 'transition' between the two passes. This is not a big problem, but does require additional hand sanding.

I've had my performax 10-20 for about 5 years and agree with everything Jim says. I find it good for my hobbyist purposes. My biggest issue has been in keeping the drum parallel to the conveyor belt. A very difficult adjustment. I think that's what causes the transition Jim speaks of, it has caused my cutting boards to be slightly thinner on the edge than in the middle (not visible to the eye but causes it to rock on a flat surface).

I find it excellent for dimensioning / finishing thin stock for lamination work.

Tony