Just some interesting pics.......

Stuart Ablett

I saw this walking across the street to the L shop.......

pink_dump_truck1.jpg pink_dump_truck2.jpg
Hey look a BIG PINK dumptruck :D When I got around the front of the truck, sure enough, a little tiny Japanese young lady was the driver :thumb: :D

this_old_house.jpg
This is an old Japanese house, torn down stick by stick, loaded into this dumptruck, and then it will be sold to a Sento (public bath house) which will burn the wood to heat the water for the bath.

two_subarus.jpg
Funny, last time I went to Super Viva Home, in the parking lot, right in front of where I parked my new little gold colored Subaru, was almost the exact same van, in light blue, one year older.

Just some shots of my daily life here, that I thought some of you might find interesting.

Post your own "Interesting Pics" :D:wave:

A few shots of the local color...

This place is closed now, but the sign is still up:

Poo Ping 800.jpg

This car was parked in the same location for about a month. Not sure if it finally sold, or if it was towed away:

VW Wagon for Sale.jpg

A happy dragonfly in the neighbor's yard, photographed during the recent wildfires:

Happy Bug 2 800 LR.jpg

And just in time for Halloween, a moon shot from the front yard a year or two ago.

Moon over Tujunga 800.jpg

Cool pics

About that pile of wood going to be burned....do you how old the house was? Might be some decent wood lurking in that pile.

Maybe too many people were poo ping after eating there and hence the closure?

Nice type 3 van.....I didn't know they did a van version...shame it's out on the west coast.

Cool pics

About that pile of wood going to be burned....do you how old the house was? Might be some decent wood lurking in that pile.

Maybe too many people were poo ping after eating there and hence the closure?

Nice type 3 van.....I didn't know they did a van version...shame it's out on the west coast.

No idea Patrick, I was just stopped behind the truck on my scooter doing a delivery, long traffic light, so I took out my cell camera and snapped the pic.

I agree that sometimes there is some fantastic wood in the old houses, but it all heads to the burn pile :doh:

The Sento in our area switched to natural gas about 15 years ago, boy am I glad, if the wind blew the wrong way, all of our nice clean clothes out on the veranda drying in the sunlight would get coated with soot. I amazes me that they still allow some of the sentos to burn wood.:dunno: