Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Shop Tours forum

Welcome to the Shop Tours forum

We want to both hear about and see pictures of your shop. All shops are interesting, so even if you think your shop is too small, please tell us about it. I have “stolen” many ideas for my woodworking shop from others and some of the best ideas have come from those who are “space challenged”.

There is no one correct way to organize your tour, but I do offer these suggestions.
    • Include a shop layout diagram. This helps to put everything into context. For those who do not have a computer generated diagram, hand drawn is fine.

• Tell us the size (in usable interior square feet or square metres), the dimensions, and the ceiling height.

• Please include captions along with each picture. The vBulletin software that Family Woodworking runs on makes it very easy to intersperse words and text.

• There is a limit of 10 photos per post and 10 photos is often not enough to show a shop. Simply submit multiple posts in the same thread.

• Tell us where your shop is. For instance, a separate building, a basement, a dedicated garage, a shared garage, a closet (I once had a “shop” in a closet in my apartment).

• If your shop is in a separate building, one or more exterior shots would be good.

• Tell us other things such as type of floor material, natural lighting method (if any), artificial lighting method, heating method (if any), cooling method (if any), dust control method (if any), and electrical capacity.
    I am sure that I have forgotten something in the above list. Tell us about that too.
    Cheers, Frank

geeze frank, i`ve fallen short of expectations already sorry! i`ve gotta get some work done but i`ll try and add the required info......tod
    Last edited by Frank Pellow; 11-04-2006 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    geeze frank, i`ve fallen short of expectations already sorry! i`ve gotta get some work done but i`ll try and add the required info......tod
    Hey, what are you doing here, are you not suposed to be working!

Good list of things to do Frank, and I can't wait to see everyone's shop tours!!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Hey Tod, I did not say it was required. I said it was suggested. Thats all I am offereing, is suggestions about the sort of things that I like to know about people's shops.
    Cheers, Frank

Hey there Frank,
    I think you a have laid out some good suggestions for any one who might like to share their shop, reguardless of size. Those ideas offer different ways that a person might present some aspects of the shop they work out of.
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

<- Link to YouTube.com

Just in case any of you have not seen it yet.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Well... I'll have to reorganise my post

Hi Frank.

What you suggest is a good idea and I'll follow it.
    In fact today I was going to post some pics of my new shop but your suggestion showed me that they would be almost useless to others without the rest of information.

So in a few days I'll have everything reorganised and ready for comments/suggestions.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    Hi Frank.

What you suggest is a good idea and I'll follow it.
    In fact today I was going to post some pics of my new shop but your suggestion showed me that they would be almost useless to others without the rest of information.

So in a few days I'll have everything reorganised and ready for comments/suggestions.
    Thanks Toni. I look forward to learning about your shop.
    Cheers, Frank

Shop pictures and Windows

Hi,

My shop is a looonnggg way from done. I planned on showing pictures when it was further along. However, I went out today and took pics. See what a good boy I am.

However my computer had become sluggish so I reformatted the hard disk---same as I have done in the past. However, this time dear old Microsoft Windows (that's why there was a capital W in the title) won't let me get to all of my screen goodies needed to continue. My monitor will not leave the lowest resolution so the monitor is not big enough to hold everything that is trying to go on the screen.

The net result of the above is that I cannot get to the save button to save a photo after I reduce it to Family Woodworking size. Even using my camera's lowest resolution (poorest quality) the pics are too big.

Anyway Glenn, my mentor and computer guru, is going to be here this Saturday or next Saturday and try to find out how dear old dad screwed up. Once un-screwed I will post.

Everybody Enjoy,

Jim

Jim,

Good to hear from you.

You might want to start a new thread so we will notice it easier.

BTW, I think ALL shops are in a continued state of progress, so don't aplogize, just have fun with what you have.