Welcome to the Shop Tours forum

woodworkers is woodworkers whether in a closet in an apartment or in a 200k sq foot factory.....all of us strive to better our work and some of us try to make a living at it.
in the end it`s all about building the best "stuff" you can.

Allen, I hear you, BIG TIME, my first workshop was an area I cleared out in the basement of the liquor shop, and set up my circular saw, upside down screwed to a piece of plywood. :D

I did build a workbench, and some shelves, but it was still just a corner of the storage area in the basement of the liquor shop..........

Found an old pic.......

View attachment 19371

Wow, pre-vortex Stu... ;)

Hey, what's with the wine bottle on the bench! :eek::rolleyes:
And, a left hander's vice? But that circ saw upside down? :bang:

Reminds me of my first house. I had TWO shops. A small 5x7ish corner of the basement by the laundry room where I could put a "bench" and do some hand tool work, and out in the garage another very rough bench and a 2nd hand table saw. That was in Edmonton. Man, I remember that 3/4HP TS motor sometimes sounded a bit "off" when I fired it up at -30c. (Unheated Garage. Edmonton. And you wonder why I had "another" shop in the basement?)

Still had fun, and still made some stuff that I use to this day.

Wow, pre-vortex Stu... ;)

Hey, what's with the wine bottle on the bench! :eek::rolleyes:
And, a left hander's vice? But that circ saw upside down? :bang:

Actually there is a Sake bottle (the taller one) and a bottle of VSOP Brandy :D

I had a left handers vice, cause I did not know any better :eek:

Live and learn! :wave:

ok, this is the garage of an Amateur woodworking demon, not a very good craftsman, but a devoted woodworker floundering his way around tools and finding new things out every day of the week.
Its a mess, Ive been building a tiny shed for my snowblower this week, besides being involved in six other projects.(resanding, finishing, recutting, assembling other things, gifts I need to make, and so on)
I park my car in here most nights, but until I paint this dog house, I wont leave it outside. Everything I use is on wheels, and I will put the doggie house on large moving casters so I can easily move it in and out of my way.
As you can see, any table in my yard becomes a work space.No laughing, ok, well, laugh a little, I like to brighten up someones day, but Im hard at work in 15 minutes from now making a door for that little house.

Attachments

• Tiki 180 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 180 (Medium).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 96
  • Tiki 181 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 181 (Medium).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 112
  • Tiki 184 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 184 (Medium).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 117
  • Tiki 185 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 185 (Medium).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Tiki 187 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 187 (Medium).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Tiki 188 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 188 (Medium).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Tiki 189 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 189 (Medium).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Tiki 190 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 190 (Medium).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
a 30 year old pvc table that my mother had in her yard, and then I had it stuck in a corner. I threw it out, with a ton of old spray paints.
So I was sitting there looking at it all and decided to use the old paints, sprayed the white table, and my daughter painted some flowers on it, its filthy, needs to be cleaned, but now I wont part with it. More junk to clutter an already cluttered yard.

btw, no space goes unfilled in my garage. I have 4 bikes hanging, and anything else I can suspend or shove into place.

Attachments

• Tiki 182 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 182 (Medium).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Tiki 186 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 186 (Medium).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Nothing to laugh at there, Allen. ;) A lot of us have to share shop space with other stuff, and it looks like you've found a way to get your stuff done, even with limited space.

When we first moved into our house, my "shop" was about 10% of the two-car garage. Eventually I bit the bullet and rented a storage locker and moved out almost anything that was not related to the shop. (LOML would not let me build a shed in the back yard.) I consider the monthly storage cost to be the "rent" I pay to have my shop. :)

I did build most of those garage cabinets with free plywood, even the doors have different widths plywood, 1/4, 1/2, 3/8th, whatever I had, or got for free, or went and got for free, I used.
Pine framing, mostly free, bought a few 8 footers.
Had to splurge for the hinges.(It started out as an experiment with my biscuit cutter, then I wanted to make some doors, then more, then try to make them better, so I made more, built more cabinets so I could build more doors.)

My little shop

Here are some pics of my basement shop,my home away from home

Attachments

• lathe 22.jpg
    lathe 22.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 80
  • drum sander 22.jpg
    drum sander 22.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 79
  • DC system 22.jpg
    DC system 22.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 74