Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's been a while.

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!

It's been a while.

Hi everybody,

Well it has been a while and can't tell you why I've stayed away for so long. It is like everything woodworking came to a screeching halt for a few months. I thank everybody that sent PM's (I did look at those once in a while) but just didn't have it inside to participate. I have gotten back out into the shop over the last couple of months and have been working on the library. I will get around to posting some photos a little later.

I did pick up a new hobby while I've been away. Baking and cooking (just like I need more food!) Friends here got me into a cooking club and found that I really like cooking especially baking bread! I've also made a mean lasagna from scratch and won "best dish" (Red Beans and Rice made with home pickled pork) at one of the club dinners. There was 45 people at that one and felt very honored to have done so well.

It is going to take some time to read through all the posts that I've missed out on and slowly get back into the swing of the best WW site with the best bunch of people on the web.

Thanks again,
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

Glad to have you back Royall!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Royal, been wondering about you and hoping you were busy. Missed you buddy, congrats on the cooking!!! Now get to grilling and you and Vaughn could be comparing dishes!!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Good to see you back Royall, I hope all is fine with you, and you can get caught up.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Royall,
    Good to see you! Glad that you're becoming a foodie, Man cannot live on sawdust alone, oh wait...

-Ned

Welcome back Royal! I can appreciate your new found hobby, it's one of my favorites too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Welcome back. Enjoy life as you see fit.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Hi Royall glad to see ya here and share some recipes with us poor deprived fat boys

Jay

It's been a while.

Hi Royall,

Glad to see you here again. You sounded good on the phone. Happy you are getting back.

Your food sounded good I could almost smell it, but the VOG got to me. LOL (inside joke)

Looking forward to more from you.

Aloha, Tony
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

Fighting for all I am worth, and praying every day.

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME BACK ROYAL Very good to see you here again. You have been missed. Nice to hear you are getting back into the shop again, just love following your work I also understand the cooking hobby, I also love to cook. As a matter of fact I am putting 4 racks of ribs on the grill in about an hour for supper with larry and Randi tonight. Good to see you and post when you can