I'm writing to say howdy and to get introduced around to some of you guys.
I spoke with Mr. Tod Evans on the phone recently because I wanted to hear how he felt about commercial sites getting involved in FamilyWoodworking.org.
So you know what we're about here's the situation:
1) we are currently an amazon affiliate site - this means we make our money by sending sales to Amazon.com.
2) we get woodworking questions everyday
3) it's my job to answer questions
4) I've been an editor for a long time, but I'm new to tools and woodworking
5) I'd like to ask my site visitors' questions HERE and share your answers with them.
Some of you may be wondering what we'll be offering Family Woodworking in exchange. Well here it is:
1) We recommend to our questioners that they join up with the friendly folks at FamilyWoodworking.com
2) When our blog launches (should be this week or next - I'm so excited) we plan to link to how-to conversations threads and even projects showcased here.
3) Ditto for our email newsletter
4) A direct link from our site
Basically we'd help to spread word as far and wide as we can about what a friendly spot FamilyWoodworking.org is for woodworkers (as if the name didn't do it well enough .
So. Enough about ME I look forward to "meeting" everyone and getting to know the personality that each of you brings to FamilyWoodworking.org!
Garrett (aka G)