Thread: Couple new additions to the shop!

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!

Couple new additions to the shop!

Even though I wasn't in the shop for a while, that didn't stop the "Gee I want one of those" thoughts from entering the head.

I got an email from Woodworker's Supply back in the latter part of June that showed a sale on the DeWalt Track saw! Some guy was actually reaching though the monitor and was twisting my arm so bad I gave in!!

The $500 buck saw with the track was going for 15% off PLUS the 80 dollar extension track for FREE!! After paying shipping to this 3rd world island the whole set up ended up costing 450 smackers. The tool was invaluable for breaking down the 30 odd sheets of plywood for the library I'm doing (see photos will be posted soon!)

Another item I bought about the same time was the Trend Airpro face shield. I had to do something about the dust when sanding as it seems I end up coughing more doing that phase of WW'ing. Haven't used it yet as the sheet goods I'm working with are prefinished. I'll be using it a lot when I get into cutting and sanding the face frames for the library. Wish I could afford and had room for Performax sander
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

that terend air sheoild will come in handy royall,,that is one thing i should have but dont i do all i can though to stop the real dusty stuff..all sanding is done with a vac hooked up..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Royall it feels good to have you back and posting but i will be the first to give you some grief as a card carrying member of the picture police. I dont see any pictures ???
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Royall it feels good to have you back and posting but i will be the first to give you some grief as a card carrying member of the picture police. I dont see any pictures ???
    Nice to see you here again Royall. As for Rob giving you a bad time well he can click on the below URL.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

ROYALL!!!! How great to have back posting!!

I, too, am watching for pictures, but I'm willing to cut you a bit more slack. Just get to it when you can. I hope that saw works well for you.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    Hi Rennie! It's good to be back. I'm still reading your traveling adventure and trying to get caught up on some of the threads.

I'll be posting as soon as I can. I'm cooking Caldo de Res right now for 54 people and still need to make two 9x13 pans of cornbread before 4:00

If I'm not to pooped tonight when I get home I'll try to get the deed done!
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.