Thread: Podcasts

Podcasts

I've been starting to watch podcasts on my ipod touch lately. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? One of my favorites has been by one of our own Marc Spagnuolo (The Wood Whisperer - http://thewoodwhisperer.com ). Can watch some of his videos on his website if you don't want to load iTunes or have an ipod.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Darren,

http://www.ted.com/

Nothing about woodworking there, but I've downloaded dozens of their talks. Got an Ipod touch a few weeks ago, and they look great on the small screen.

Still, mostly, I just listen...

Thanks,

Bill

Darren,

Marc Spagnuolo's other pod cast is humorous and informative at the same time, "Wood Talk Online". Also Matt's Basement Workshop is good too. Matt is the co-host of Wood Talk Online with Marc.

Woodworking Online is another good one, for video content.
    We create with our hands in wood what our mind sees in thought.
    Disclosure: Formerly was a part-time sales person & instructor at WoodCraft in Buffalo, NY.
    www.tinyurl.com/thewoodshoppe

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lantry View Post
    Bill, That one is addictive. Been to them for a few days now. Some interesting talks on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Wright View Post
    Marc Spagnuolo's other pod cast is humorous and informative at the same time, "Wood Talk Online". Also Matt's Basement Workshop is good too. Matt is the co-host of Wood Talk Online with Marc.

Woodworking Online is another good one, for video content.
    Thanks Sean, will check them out.

I started watching "The Sketchup Show" tutorials this week. Have learned quite a few things from it.

For those into photography or wanting to learn more about it. The Art of Photography has some good tutorials.

For those without a ipod, you can also watch these through iTunes (free), the podcasts are free to listen to or watch (for video).
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault