Spraying in cold?

Al killian

OK, rigth now my shop migth as well be in the middle of the feild. What is the lowest temp to spray plain lacquer and what temp is the lowest for pigmented lacquer?

Me too with the cold spraying (although you can, it may fail) Heat the shop but also remember that the project is sitting in the cold and takes a while to warm up as well, In such a situation I would suggest taking the project, and the finishing supplies into the house the night before you plan to do the deed. Next morning warm the shop, then take the project and supplies out and (if need be, turn off the heat source) then spray. Warm products, warm project, warm surroundings make for safer finishing conditions.

After the finish you can turn the heat back on. If using open flame or radiant gas heater, you need to have the air clear of spraying fumes before re-lighting. I use a Propane Radiant heater to knock the chill off my garage when I use it as a shop. Does a great job.

Thanks all. I will see about building a small area for keeping the temp up for a hour or two.

Bill, there is no main heat source at this time. I am in a old pole barn where one door is missing and the roof is open I am lucky I can run one machine at a time if his wife isnt home. Will get pics tommrow.:D