Unbelievable! I can see the entire surface of my table saw and workbench!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Spent a bunch of time today 'organizing', and actually 'vacuuming' my shop, I can actually see the entire top of my table saw and workbench!

The router table is still occupied with supplies for my little guitar project, but I'm pleased. Just too bad it probably won't last long...

I know, picture police, needs pictures.. Here you go...

cleantops.jpg

Only 8:10 pm? The day's not over. You still have time to go back and see it covered up with something. :D It's nice when you get it that clean. I've done that a couple times. If you find a way to keep it that way, let me know. :thumb: Building the drawers under my multipurpose wall benches helped, but I still find stuff that has no other place to go, and therefore, covers up most all of my horizontal work surfaces. :huh: Jim.

Nice Brent but obviously you are not a turner. If you were there would be no NEED to see the top of either the workbench or tablesaw.:eek::D:wave: They would just be covered with blanks and rough-outs.

My biggest problem is I come from a long line of 'collectors', some of whom are border line 'hoarders'...

I did manage to fill 2 big garbage cans with 'stuff'. Still have more shelves to go through and I think I'm going to start getting brutal on tossing stuff....

Brent I can only sympathize with you. I have the same disease. I hoard anything then when you throw it out be sure the next day you need what you just got rid of. :) I find it hard to part with scraps of wood but at some point you have to say enough is enough.:rofl:

Hey that place nice and clean you can get busy with the Thanksgiving project now. You bought the supplies yet???

P>S Say Hi to Starbuck for me. Feel like i know that dog and have not even met him.

I've got 300BF of Maple and 200 bf of Poplar on the way. The poplar is for base boards and such, the maple will be for the table and chairs.

A big part of the urge to organize was that I could see no way to get any thing done with the shop, ah, er, Garage, in the state it was in.

But I finished up the RC glider that was hounding me since February, and a few more coats of lacquer and my twangmaster green/blue/holographic flake telecaster guitar should be out of the way, and from then on, it's all furniture.

Oh, I probably hae a few cutting boards I'll try and kick out this week and then the shipment of wood should be here, just in time for me to go on vacation and go duck hunting... :rolleyes: Dang, that's going to seriously eat into my wood working time...

Rob, Bucky says 'Hi'. She's two years old and we will be taking her duck hunting for the first time.... Now that should really be an interesting day...:rofl:

Oops sorry i keep getting the him and hers mixed up. Duck hunting with her should really be fun. Make sure to get some picks of her in the water and with that first duck. Have you been training her with a dummy duck. I dont know where you have water around you to do that:dunno:

I never get too hung up on dogs and gender. Hard to tell from a picture.

She is quite the little model when it comes to cameras. We'll be going on what we hope is a 'slow' day, from the standpoint of other hunters. Should be very well documented from a still and video standpoint.

She's a retrieving machine, but I have to admit, I've been slack on any actual duck hunting training with her. I do use a dummy launcher with her several times a week and work with her daily on obedience training.

The dummy launcher uses a .22 blank to shoot a canvas dummy that I lace with duck scent way out there. She has a good nose on her, and it is fun to watch her search for the 'bird' when I do a blind shot on her (Where she doesn't know where it went). She will hunt and hunt and hunt until she gets a whiff and then chase that scent right down.

I've been working on the elliptical lately to make sure I don't expire duck hunting. It's been a few years and I'm really looking forward to getting back into it!

Brent, nice and clean looking shop you hve there.

Think I'll clean mine one of these days whether it needs it or not....there's a no so fine layer of dust on almost everything in the ship. I'm thinking of taking the shop vac and just blowing everything out the door... it'll took like a dust storm for sure.

I'll have to wait until I'm over the Pneumonia and then use a good dust respirator... don't need any more problems with the lungs.

Brent, nice and clean looking shop you hve there.

Thanks!

Its awfully cluttered, but I've embarked on an organization project. While I'm waiting for my furniture wood to get here, I'm going to build a few cabinets with some draws to hold a bunch of the 'stuff' that likes to accumulate on all vertical surfaces!

Spent a bunch of time today 'organizing', and actually 'vacuuming' my shop, I can actually see the entire top of my table saw and workbench!...

Man, That's just SICK! The next time the top of either my saw or my bench will be clear is when my heirs are cleaning them up for the estate sale.

Ask anyone who's been to my shop - it's cluttered! - always has been; always will be...