Collabortive

Don Orr

My wife and I finally completed out first collaborative project. We have been talking about it for a long time and a specific project finally presented itself. A good friend wanted small pots with covers for salt and seasonings for her kitchen. My wife, a potter, selected 2 small pots and tasked me with makng lids for them. I seleceted some Cherry to match our friends cabinets and Ebony for the handles. These are about 5” total height and 2” to 2.5” diameter. Our friend was very pleased to get them.

Attachments

• Collaborative 1.jpg
    Collaborative 1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Collaborative 2.jpg
    Collaborative 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 52
Oooooh those are cool Don. What a nice combination. May i suggest a little extra would be to turn a small spoon with a round ball at the end and drill out as a measure then cut a small cut out in the lid to fit.

I could see those flying off the shelf at a craft stall.:thumb:

Cool pots and cool lids Don.
Send my congrats to your LOYL

One could say here: family that falls in the spinning vortex toghether, stays together.;):rofl:

(no offence intended)

I agree with the Cool remarks about the Cool looking tops to some cool looking pots. I am curious as to how you accomplished the Spiral rings on the underside of the left one. Getting the rings to "drop off" yet in different places around the lid? :huh:

Thanks !

I/we really appreciate your kind comments.

Rob, I thought about some kind of spoon but our friend did not want that. She just uses her fingers for a "pinch" of this or that. She is an EXCELLENT cook !

Bill, I am using the new Sorby mini spiralling tool. It works great. I am now using it on all my pieces on the bottom. I like the effect.

Cool pots and cool lids Don.
Send my congrats to your LOYL

One could say here: family that falls in the spinning vortex toghether, stays together.;):rofl:

(no offence intended)

No offense taken Toni, I appreciate your interest. We often say that she "turns" vertically and I turn horizontally :D So much of woodturning design can be taken from pottery and vise versa. We often critique each others' work. It's a lot of fun to work in different but similar media.