Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamp

Lamp

Glued up some mystery wood.
    Used a 6x6x12 block.
    Large gouge, large bowl gauge, small bowl gauge(this is my favorite chisel), skew.
    Im learning as I go.
    The finish is just rub on poly, need one more coat.
    The tube is not set 100% yet, since I overdrilled hole, I need to put a tiny wedge inside unseen and then tighten nut with washer on bottom of pipe.
    Anyway, its a lamp. Lampshade from Target, lamp kit from Lowes.(be warned, if you buy a kit, it doesnt have a nut for the pipe, which is only a quarter, but you have to go back to a hardware and get one)
    Nothing special, but I cant begin to tell you how much fun I had spinning it

2 pics, my eye hand cooridination is shot tonight, wanted to try to get a clear picture.
    I also made a few pens this week, and a small oak bowl.And that small table its on, shows the size of the table.(the lamp was not made for this table, hopefully, someone in my family will want the lamp)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood stuff 1394 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 1395 (Medium).jpg  
    Last edited by allen levine; 10-21-2009 at 11:39 PM.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Allen, Maybe if you plug it in and turn it on we can see it better..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

good work allen!
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Allen, you will soon need a larger house to hold all your projects!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Much better, it is realy cools, great form fit and finish.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Allen, you will soon need a larger house to hold all your projects!
    as soon as my kids move out, they are taking everything I built, they already told me, makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over, I just wish theyd move out so I can have an office, den and tv room.

Allen that lamp is great. You are a real production house. Boy i envy you and Glenn. Pumping out the goodies.

As for your kids moving out, I often think about that one and then think well i will miss them. I guess its a bitter sweet thing. But every bird eventually hopefully leaves the nest.
    cheers

Hey Allen, That shape reminds me of my first girlfriend.
    Nice job
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Allen that lamp is great. You are a real production house. Boy i envy you and Glenn. Pumping out the goodies.

As for your kids moving out, I often think about that one and then think well i will miss them. I guess its a bitter sweet thing. But every bird eventually hopefully leaves the nest.

The birds that left my nest must of been "homing pigeons" Every time I turn around one of them is back.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    The birds that left my nest must of been "homing pigeons" Every time I turn around one of them is back.
    Amen to that and mine broughty home two other birds..
    The good news is one of them is my grandaughter..