Lamp

allen levine

Glued up some mystery wood.
Used a 6x6x12 block.
Large gouge, large bowl gauge, small bowl gauge(this is my favorite chisel), skew.
Im learning as I go.
The finish is just rub on poly, need one more coat.
The tube is not set 100% yet, since I overdrilled hole, I need to put a tiny wedge inside unseen and then tighten nut with washer on bottom of pipe.
Anyway, its a lamp. Lampshade from Target, lamp kit from Lowes.(be warned, if you buy a kit, it doesnt have a nut for the pipe, which is only a quarter, but you have to go back to a hardware and get one)
Nothing special, but I cant begin to tell you how much fun I had spinning it

2 pics, my eye hand cooridination is shot tonight, wanted to try to get a clear picture.
I also made a few pens this week, and a small oak bowl.And that small table its on, shows the size of the table.(the lamp was not made for this table, hopefully, someone in my family will want the lamp)

Attachments

• wood stuff 1394 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1394 (Medium).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 58
  • wood stuff 1395 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1395 (Medium).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Allen that lamp is great. You are a real production house. Boy i envy you and Glenn. Pumping out the goodies.

As for your kids moving out, I often think about that one and then think well i will miss them.:) I guess its a bitter sweet thing. But every bird eventually hopefully leaves the nest.:D

Allen that lamp is great. You are a real production house. Boy i envy you and Glenn. Pumping out the goodies.

As for your kids moving out, I often think about that one and then think well i will miss them.:) I guess its a bitter sweet thing. But every bird eventually hopefully leaves the nest.:D

The birds that left my nest must of been "homing pigeons" Every time I turn around one of them is back. :rofl: