A local contractor I know gave me some "scrap" wood he had taking up some space in his shop. That would be birdseye maple I resawed to make the top and bottom of this little box. The sides are from a piece of curly cherry, that came as a hunk of wood, split from a log. The curl doesn't show up in my poor photography.
Anyway, I did my usual routine of a sliding lid, but I made the shadow joints to really close tolerances. I hope it doesn't swell shut come summertime. I am donating the box to the silent auction at a local Hospice, which will take place tomorrow night. We'll see how much it brings in.
Finish is shellac and wax.