Our funny four legged little people

Bart Leetch

Our little 8# red long haired Mini Dachshund Juliet has a new one that I though you might enjoy.

Juliet had this toy when she came to us that looks like a big M&M all pink but the eyes which are white except the pupil legs & arms.

Two nights ago it was laying on the floor & I said get your dolly Juliet its time to go night night. Juliet grabbed her dolly & headed for her pet taxi. The door drifts closed to about 1/3 open & she used her dolly & pushed it open & went right in. She usually uses her nose to open the door. Juliet did it again last night. Mary our 16# black & tan Tweeny Dachshund also knows what it means to go night night & she will go right into her pet taxi & curl up to sleep.

Attachments

• J&M4.jpg
    J&M4.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
They all have their personalities. Our Rat Terrier, Audrey, has a few quirks of her own. When mad at my wife or I, she will pull a tissue out of the trash, tear it into a hundred tiny pieces and leave it in a neat little pile (about 6" diameter). We'll find this usually either on my wife or my side of the bed, depending who she is mad at. It's her little way of saying "I'm very angry with you!" :rolleyes: Luckily I think it's a healthy outburst and she doesn't need counseling. :D:rofl:

My two teenager cats (in cat years, they're about 1.5 yrs old in human years) have both been developing some funny quirks lately. For one thing the gal who gave them to me taught them that a bath or even a shower is a good thing, so they will occasionally jump in the tub if the water is running, and don't complain at all when we give them a bath of their own.

then my wife turns to me the other day and says "do you Know what YOUR cat did today?!?!!!???"

to which I of course reply "No, dear, what did he do?"

she caught him Sitting IN the toilet batting at the water. :eek: Thankfully it was 'fresh' water, but she immediately gave him a Real bath and the men in the family (myself and our three sons) have been firmly instructed (she's the only woman in the house mind you...:rolleyes:) to keep both the seat And the lid down once we're finished in the bathroom.

Somehow I managed to keep a straight face when she told me that but Inside I was cracking up. I silently wished her luck on getting that edict enforced, but have been doing my part since then...

My two teenager cats (in cat years, they're about 1.5 yrs old in human years) have both been developing some funny quirks lately. For one thing the gal who gave them to me taught them that a bath or even a shower is a good thing, so they will occasionally jump in the tub if the water is running, and don't complain at all when we give them a bath of their own.

then my wife turns to me the other day and says "do you Know what YOUR cat did today?!?!!!???"

to which I of course reply "No, dear, what did he do?"

she caught him Sitting IN the toilet batting at the water. :eek: Thankfully it was 'fresh' water, but she immediately gave him a Real bath and the men in the family (myself and our three sons) have been firmly instructed (she's the only woman in the house mind you...:rolleyes:) to keep both the seat And the lid down once we're finished in the bathroom.

Somehow I managed to keep a straight face when she told me that but Inside I was cracking up. I silently wished her luck on getting that edict enforced, but have been doing my part since then...

My parents had a cat that thought the toilet was his throne and would sit on the lid all the time. More than once he jump up only to find out to late that then seat was not closed...once while my dad was in the middle of using it! This cat also couldn't meow...more of a morrrahhee and ran into table legs at full speed a lot too....I always figured this was caused by the fact that his dad was also his uncle. :eek: :dunno:

First time I heard of a cat taking a bath... when my son was about 6 and we lived in CA, a friend gave us a kitten... the mother was a purebred Siamese and the daddy was a black alley cat... the kitten looked like a black Siamese with brown eyebrows.... One day my boy(he was about 10 by now) called me at work - he was a latch key kid at the time... he wanted to know if it was okay to give "PI" a bath.... my immediate reaction was "No, cats don't like water"
My son said... "Oh, PI didn't mind." He'd already done the bath, just asking permission after the fact.... from then on when he was in the tub the cat would jump in with him.... As a teenager, my son slept on a water bed, the cat loved it...

Having big dogs taught me to keep the lid closed on the toilets. :thumb: