Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ladybugs

ladybugs

We are having a ladybug population explosion in our house. They are everywhere. Wadda mess.
    Apparently, we are not alone. Ladybugs are on the top of the number of searches at Yahoo.
    I haven't looked up yet how to get rid of them but this has happened before and I believe it is hopeless and will just have to run it's course.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

yup they have arrived here to frank and we have had some high 20's for temps last week and now we got so high 50's and they are thick...yu can have my share and no help yu just have to put ou with them its part of the ag's idea of pest control gone wrong..no we all have them
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

This part of the country got hit hard past couple of years. We learned NOT to Squish them as the emit an odor and that attracts the others by hoards. Suck them up with the vacuum and dispose of in a secret location so the others will be attracted to their stink.

I have friends on the east coast in the same situation. Lady bugs swarming everywhere.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

un fortunatly these rascals do bite sometimes i hear tel they are attracted to spinny chips so if yu gather them up and get any where close to the spinny guys they will fly over there.. look jeff i just mailed yu some
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Kinda like a cross between "The Birds" and "The Hellstrom Chronicles".
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    un fortunatly these rascals do bite sometimes i hear tel they are attracted to spinny chips so if yu gather them up and get any where close to the spinny guys they will fly over there.. look jeff i just mailed yu some
    I just cranked up the lathe speed and they all blew back to MI...

Did know about the odor attracting more...I usually leave them alone as they are usually gone or dead by the next day.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Not to be a Smart Alick, but they're NOT Lady bugs, but a Japanese beetle brought in to eat soybean aphids. In my mind they are just like a lot of other import answers to problems. The problem is that there is never a predator to keep them under control. Remember Cudsu (SP) Just ask any southerner how much they like that stuff.

Bruce
    Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

True story, a chicken will pick through cattle or hog manure for any extra undigested corn, yet when they peck and start to swallow an asian beetle (lady bug's alias) they will SPIT them out!!!! Evidently they taste as bad as they smell. It is so funny watching a chicken try to get it out of their beak!!! But hey, that is the only insulation in the walls of my old house so, BRING EM ON!!!!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Maybe it's all my fault.
    My wife bought about a million ladybug eggs from the farm and garden and put them in her garden,
    It's supposed to be bad luck to kill a lady bug. If so I'm screwed until 2025.
    Faith, Hope & Charity