ladybugs

Frank Fusco

We are having a ladybug population explosion in our house. They are everywhere. Wadda mess. :eek:
Apparently, we are not alone. Ladybugs are on the top of the number of searches at Yahoo.
I haven't looked up yet how to get rid of them but this has happened before and I believe it is hopeless and will just have to run it's course.

yup they have arrived here to frank and we have had some high 20's for temps last week and now we got so high 50's and they are thick...yu can have my share and no help yu just have to put ou with them its part of the ag's idea of pest control gone wrong..no we all have them:)

This part of the country got hit hard past couple of years. We learned NOT to Squish them as the emit an odor and that attracts the others by hoards. Suck them up with the vacuum and dispose of in a secret location so the others will be attracted to their stink.

I have friends on the east coast in the same situation. Lady bugs swarming everywhere.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

un fortunatly these rascals do bite sometimes:) i hear tel they are attracted to spinny chips so if yu gather them up and get any where close to the spinny guys they will fly over there..:) look jeff i just mailed yu some

un fortunatly these rascals do bite sometimes:) i hear tel they are attracted to spinny chips so if yu gather them up and get any where close to the spinny guys they will fly over there..:) look jeff i just mailed yu some

I just cranked up the lathe speed and they all blew back to MI...:D

Did know about the odor attracting more...I usually leave them alone as they are usually gone or dead by the next day.

Not to be a Smart Alick, but they're NOT Lady bugs, but a Japanese beetle brought in to eat soybean aphids. In my mind they are just like a lot of other import answers to problems. The problem is that there is never a predator to keep them under control. Remember Cudsu (SP) Just ask any southerner how much they like that stuff.

Bruce

True story, a chicken will pick through cattle or hog manure for any extra undigested corn, yet when they peck and start to swallow an asian beetle (lady bug's alias) they will SPIT them out!!!! Evidently they taste as bad as they smell. It is so funny watching a chicken try to get it out of their beak!!! But hey, that is the only insulation in the walls of my old house so, BRING EM ON!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe it's all my fault. :eek:
My wife bought about a million ladybug eggs from the farm and garden and put them in her garden,:huh:
It's supposed to be bad luck to kill a lady bug. If so I'm screwed until 2025. :rofl:

We have an exterminator in Knoxville that advertises that he can spray the exterior of your house to prevent the infestation... his ad says they come into the house to hibernate for the winter. We had them the first couple of years up here, but haven't seen them yet this year.

real ladybugs are red with black dots, the japanese beetles are kind of an orange with black dots, and bite like they think they have a permit.

We have 2 different ones here, the beetle and ladybug. The bettle can do some damage in the summer.

Beetle

Japanese_Beetle.jpg

Ladybug

Japanese_Ladybug.JPG

Randy

randy the bottom pic is the varmit that is from china and bites.. the beetle i have seen but dont have the right name for it..the lady bug,,is as dan said red not he pale orange like in your pic..but hey both them varmits are bad and can show up in multitudes..

The pic on top is a Japanese Beetle.
Ladybugs are bright red with black dots. They don't bite (at least the ones around here don't) ladybugs eat aphids. They keep my wifes garden pretty free of bugs.
They do swarm though.
Now don't get going on spiders. I hate spiders. Ever see the video of a guy swerving all over the road? Its was probably me when a spider fell on my lap. :rofl:

We get the ladybug swarms but this year these thing's have been going nuts

http://www.bugspray.com/article/stinkbug.html

Personally I find them funny. They have the aerobatic grace of a elephant and I don't think I've ever smelled the stink they make (probably because I just move them away). At my sensai's shop (he's in the mountains) they were just thick over everything. I get them where I live but I just let them get on with things, the same as ladybugs.

Patrick that stinkbug is my worst insect. I cannot eat corriander because it smells exactly the same at the stinkbugs i used to squash in SA. Dont see much of them in Canada. I am not sure which is worse skunk or that stinkbug.:D

My wife was telling me some people she knows are put off of coriander because of the stink bugs as well. I've yet to smell them or I have a bad nose.