trying to find a manual for my jet shaper

Dan Noren

Staff member
for the last couple of days i've been trying to locate online a manual for my jet shaper. i'm pretty certain that the model is ws-22. the latest was a reply from the jet guys was, what makes me so certain that it's a ws-22? i'll let you guys decide, is it, or isn't it...

Attachments

• label 1.JPG
    label 1.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 31
  • label 2.JPG
    label 2.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 30
frank, i've looked all over that shaper, and could not find any kind of identifying label other than the one on the motor.

bill, the only manuals they carry on the site are for newer tools. i've had them looking high and low for the last week, trying to dig this one up.

... bill, the only manuals they carry on the site are for newer tools. i've had them looking high and low for the last week, trying to dig this one up.

Are there any significant changes between yours and the newer models? I'd think shaper instructions would be very similar from one machine to the next...they're all a pretty basic flat bed with a motor spinning a cutter.

thanks randy!! that's the one! :thumb: after looking at the pdf file's pics, it's exactly the same as what i have. why it would have a label on the motor that says jet, i do not know. unless that was the name of the company that made the motor in taiwan. thanks again guy!:D

I wouldn’t be surprised if yours is a Jet. I see on your motor it said 1hp and the Grizzly was 3/4, hopefully that’s the only difference.

Glad I could help.

Randy

if it isn't dead on, i don't know what is.

Attachments

• shaper front.JPG
    shaper front.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 15
  • g shaper front.jpg
    g shaper front.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
  • shaper back.JPG
    shaper back.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 13
  • g shaper motor.jpg
    g shaper motor.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 12
  • g shaper back.jpg
    g shaper back.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 12
Dan, yours probably is indeed a Jet, but I'd bet lunch that both it and the Grizz model came off the same assembly line in Asia.

I would have to agree with you on that. :D

Here is the one I found when I searched for it on Google, it made me think of Grizzly.

ws22.jpg

found it here - LINK

Post some pictures when you get it going.

Randy

i have that pic too randy, that's why i thought it was a jet. but looking closer at it, the legs on this one are tapered, where my shaper, and the grizzly have straight legs.