Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biesemeyer alert...............

Biesemeyer alert...............

For those who may have gotten one of the deals on a basic Uni from Amazon or for anyone looking to upgrade their fence............

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...etsreviews4-20

EDIT: There is a shipping note on the page that says that this item has a $199 shipping charge. I called Amazon and I was told by two different people that this shipping cost is quite probably incorrect. They will call me back tomorrow and tell me more after they look into it further.
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 01-17-2007 at 12:02 AM.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

UPDATE, UPDATE.

I received a call back from Amazon today and was told that the shipping on the 30" is the same as on the 50"....$49
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Alan DuBoff is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Mark,

I was ready to pull the trigger on that, and had called Amazon earlier (actually their system calls you, kinda cool I guess). I was also told that shipping was $49, the reason being for the long rails.

However, in digging around Amazon tonight, I see what appears to be the same, with the exception of the W at this link, and shipping is only $19.99, and the price is ~$50 cheaper. I believe the different between the two are the legs, and the W includes the legs. But I don't need/want the legs, I just want the fence and rails/tube. In fact, I don't think I need the rear rail, that appears if you want to use the extension and legs (which the instructions tell you how to construct the extension table from the Biesmeyer website). My table is about 40" x 44", solid cast iron. It will just about fit my saw nicely with no extension, using the 30" version. You gotta admit that $30 for a couple legs is a premium for shipping... (not to mention the extra $50)

At first I thought the W was for the white version, but I think it's the legs and in the installation manual from their website it says, "Depending on the model ordered, an accessory leg kit may also be included".

EDIT: I think the W is for white, the legs look seperate on that page you linked to also...I don't know, $50 for non-white and another $30 for shipping...that's a nobrainer for me. My saw is black. Any color will go with it!

Here's the link to the Amazon site for the BC30 (rather than the BC30W).

$279.90, shipping included.
    Last edited by Alan DuBoff; 01-18-2007 at 07:22 AM.

I called Amazon about the fence Alan had pointed to and it comes with 84" guide tube and mounting hardware. That's a real deal for $279 including shipping.

Mike
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Mike,

I see the price went up today. It's now $279.99 + $19.99 shipping.

It was $259.91 + $19.99 ending up at $279.90 previously.

I notice prices doing that on Amazon, in fact the PSI table saw guard was $138.xx a couple days ago also, I was eyeing it, and now it's $174.99, so I might have missed the boat on that but am watching it to see if it drops down again.

Wow, Alan - that was quick. I ordered it this morning at the $259.91 price + $19.99 shipping. Maybe my order was the trigger for them to raise the price????

It comes with an 84" guide tube which is too long for my shop. I should try to trade with someone before I cut it.

Thanks for pointing that offer out. I'd have liked a longer fence but the price on this one was right. It'll be a lot better than my old stock fence.

Mike
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan DuBoff View Post
    Mike,

I see the price went up today. It's now $279.99 + $19.99 shipping.

It was $259.91 + $19.99 ending up at $279.90 previously.

I notice prices doing that on Amazon, in fact the PSI table saw guard was $138.xx a couple days ago also, I was eyeing it, and now it's $174.99, so I might have missed the boat on that but am watching it to see if it drops down again.

Alan, you're aware of "Amazon Price Watch" right?

http://www.frozenwarrior.com/~pricewatch/

Along with their daily price watch thing, you can enter up to 4 ASIN numbers of the items that you want to watch the prices on and they will email you when/if the price drops.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

Mike,

I agree on the longer fence, I wanted the 48" fence myself as I have a 14"-16" saw. However, they wanted almost the same price for the fence only (aprox $240), and the rails are like $125 aprox. AFAICT, it's only the length, the size of the fence is still the same.

I figure I can add an extra wood fence to it if I need it longer, but this 42" should be almost perfect on my table saw with no extension tables.

Glad I was able to catch that link myself...Amazon is an interesting place...always good to see someone else save some $$$s from the big boys as well!

EDIT: Mark, no I wasn't aware of them...I might put a watch on the PSI tsguard, although I have another plan to possibly use my original guard in the mean time.
    Last edited by Alan DuBoff; 01-19-2007 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    It comes with an 84" guide tube which is too long for my shop. I should try to trade with someone before I cut it.
    BTW Mike, they could be wrong on that, the Biesmeyer website says that 64" guide tube should be included with the BC30, I suspect that will be 42" for the BC30. The BC50 does include an 84" (7 ft) guide tube for the model with 12" to the left of the blade. There sure are enough models and types to spin one's head...
    Last edited by Alan DuBoff; 01-20-2007 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan DuBoff View Post
    BTW Mike, they could be wrong on that, the Biesmeyer website says that 64" guide tube should be included with the BC30, I suspect that will be 42" for the BC30. The BC50 does include an 84" (7 ft) guide tube for the model with 12" to the left of the blade. There sure are enough models and types to spin one's head...
    Alan - I think you're right. I checked the Biesemeyer site and that's what I found - the BC30 comes with a 64" tube and guide rails of 52".

I have to admit that I was very confused about what the measurements meant in the Amazon ad. I thought that a 30" fence meant that the actual fence was 30" long. Apparently, the way Biesemeyer does things, the measurement given (30" or 50" or whatever) means the maximum distance that the fence can be moved to the right of the saw blade. So a 30" fence means that you can cut up to 30" on the right side of your saw.

From the Biesemeyer site, it appears that there are only two fence lengths, 42" and 48", for the commercial Delta products (I didn't check the other brands).

So I suppose that what I'm going to get is a fence thats 42" long, a guide tube thats 64" long, and two guide rails that are 52" long. Actually, that will work well for me since I don't have room in my shop for longer guide rails.

I'll let you know what's actually in the package when I receive it.

Mike
    Ancora imparo