Biesemeyer alert...............

When I received the package, the two boxes were taped together. The tube was in a box like you describe and the fence was in a large box about 4'x2'x4". Also in the box alongside the fence were two support legs for the table extension.

I hope your other package arrives soon. I'm going to start installing mine tomorrow. First I have to take the existing extension table and the outfeed table off the saw. It'll be nice to have a really good fence.

Report back when you get yours.

Mike

Mike,

They have the fence, I'm certain. The guy I spoke with on the phone said it was 44" x 20", and that must be the fence, but when I showed up there the other guy gave me the tube/rails only, probably didn't know they went together.

The rails and tube is heavier than I expected, they'll go nicely on my saw.

I don't get why the tube is so long, it's like 30"+ on each side of the blade. Does the Unisaw have such a large left table, do you know? The website says 12" left. Hmmm...

Mike and Alan, you guys sound like kids at Christmas.:D :D :D WTG and Congrats. :thumb:

When I got my Uni it had the 50" rails and they were waaaaay too long for me so I bought the shorter 30" rail kit like you have. I have two extension wings, one on each side, and I built another extension table for the right side. I made it extend out to the end of angle iron. The tube rail extends out about 4" on the left and about 6" on the right.

The "T" part of the fence, the part that rides on the tube, is 16" long. You need about 10" from the user side of the fence to the end of the "T" part. In other words, from the blade, the tube extends out 24" on the left and 40" on the right (64" total), giving a usable 12" (about 14" really) on the left and 30" on the right.

If you recall, my Uni replaced a Ridgid contractor saw. I had to work at it but I was able to get the fence on the Ridgid to work very well. However, the Biese is a totally different animal and you have every right to be excited; It's a very, very nice fence set-up. You'lll quickly see why it's the standard in the industry.

hth

Mark,

The piece I don't fully understand yet is that this is supposed to be the 30" rail, with 12" on the left side, so that's 42", but the left side from the tape on the tube would appear to have as much as the taped side.

Does the left side hang out an extra 18"? I suspect the Unisaw has a left side table, but I'm unclear on why the tube is so long. Do most cut it down? I figure most would add a left side extention if anything.

I also had a Ridgid contractors saw, but one model newer than yours was. I liked my fence a lot, it was easy and solid to use. I was actually considering putting it on the Yates-American, but decided not to hack that one up and sold it as-is. I had buyers lined up 6+ deep to buy it...sold fast...I guess you sold yours also?

Yeah, I had a guy call up from the next big city north, about 30 minutes away, and said, "Don't sell it! Don't sell it! I'll be right down to buy it". In 45 minutes it was on his truck and heading back north. :D

Regarding the 30" and 12" thing....these are "cutting capacities", not the length of the tube to each side. Biesemeyer adds length (10") to each end to allow for the extra length needed for the fence. And yes, it is meant to be used with a left side wing which could be a self-made table or a cast wing, with or without a router hole or something like that. Again, with the wing, on the left side of my saw the tube sticks past 4".

Are you saying that the tape on each side goes out to 30"? Mine doesn't have a tape on the left side.

Mark,

No, I don't have tape on the left side, but since the tube is 64" or so, and there is a 30" tape on the right side, I just figure there must be another 30" on the left side.

I'm still trying to track down my box, but will probably be best just to go into work and stop at the mail room, I'm sure it's there somewhere, unless they delivered it to my office.

I'll tell 'ya, the Ridgid was a great little saw for me. Hated to let it go, I bought it used myself, but it was a great little saw...they say "on to bigger and better things", well, my new saw is certainly BIGGER!:rofl:

You're right Alan, about the "30" on the left side thing but.....the zero mark on the tape doesn't line up at the blade. It's offset to the right approximately 6". That leaves 24" of the tube to the left side of the blade (and 40" on the right). Deduct the 10" for the space that the fence takes up and you're back to 14", or 12" as they call it. :huh: :huh: :huh:

You'll see it better when you start setting it up. C'mon!!!...hurry up and get that thing and get it mounted. We want to see, we want to see.............:D :D :D

Mark,

I want to show, I want to show, I might be getting closer. I'm in a cafe getting lunch on my way to work, so I'm slowly migrating towards the box to pick it up, although I haven't tracked down the box completely, Amazon does show that it was shipped through UPS and DHL for the different boxes...:dunno: If Mike's was taped together he must have had the same shipper...could have been they had mine in pieces in different locations or something or that Delta actually ships it for them, or ??? who knows, as long as I get my fence.;) This is gonna be one nice saw when I get the fence on and the guard with some DC, that's gonna be the next thing on my list...DC...

EDIT: Ok, got the box...one went to the shipping dock, the other went to the mailroom...go figure...Unfortunately I can't get to it until tomorrow evening...:(

Last edited:
You're right Alan, about the "30" on the left side thing but.....the zero mark on the tape doesn't line up at the blade. It's offset to the right approximately 6". That leaves 24" of the tube to the left side of the blade (and 40" on the right). Deduct the 10" for the space that the fence takes up and you're back to 14", or 12" as they call it. :huh: :huh: :huh:
Mark, ok, I understand what you're saying now...in regards to 10" on each side for the end of the T section to fence.

I see your confusion now, since there is 14" (I haven't measured mine at all, I'm just going by your numbers, I'm pretty confident you can measure.:p

I wonder if they measure from the centerline of fence, or something anal like that which an engineer would have thought of? :rofl:
You'll see it better when you start setting it up. C'mon!!!...hurry up and get that thing and get it mounted. We want to see, we want to see.............:D :D :D
I understand what you're saying now. I'm looking forward to getting it going this weekend, I hope I don't have any family stuff to do...

Well, I got my fence installed (see pix). The installation of the fence itself was fairly easy. But by putting it on the saw, I had to re-do my outfeed table and my extension wing/router table. I'm not completely finished but enough for you to see how it looks. I have a Craftsman contractor's saw that I've upgraded to a 2HP motor and have adjusted and tuned it up well. Although it cuts well, adjusting it for a bevel cut is not as nice as a cabinet saw. My shop is not one of those "eat off the floor FWW shops" - it's pretty messy. Additionally, it's very small - 110 square feet (10' by 11'). I really can't work in it unless I open the garage door - the outfeed table actually extends past the garage door (it folds down to close the door). But I'd rather light a candle than curse the darkness - I manage to get a lot done in that small space.

Oh, I've only made a few cuts with the new fence but it seems to work very well. Thanks, Mark, for starting this thread and to Alan for pointing out this less expensive alternative.

Mike

Attachments

• Table saw (800 x 600).jpg
    Table saw (800 x 600).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Looks great Mike. I"m sure you'll like it more the more you use it, I know I do. How are you supporting the wood table extension on the right side? I don't see any screws/holes in that part of the angle iron. I added a couple of extra holes, one on the left side and two on the right (for the wood table extension). I drilled out a 1/4" hole and then counterbored with a 1/2" bit until the screw head fit flush. The angle iron drilled fairly well.

Congrats on the new fence and WTG to Alan for posting the great deal.

Looks great Mike. I"m sure you'll like it more the more you use it, I know I do. How are you supporting the wood table extension on the right side? I don't see any screws/holes in that part of the angle iron. I added a couple of extra holes, one on the left side and two on the right (for the wood table extension). I drilled out a 1/4" hole and then counterbored with a 1/2" bit until the screw head fit flush. The angle iron drilled fairly well.

Congrats on the new fence and WTG to Alan for posting the great deal.
There were a bunch of holes in the angle iron. I think it's designed for their extension table (which they offer in some of their packages). I just put some screws in those holes.

They included two legs in my package and I may put them on the extension so that if I put something heavy on it, it won't tip the saw over.

I did have to drill the rear angle iron to attach my outfeed table. You're right, it drilled pretty easy.

Now we need to see Alan's installation.

Mike

BTW, I just checked Amazon and the fence Alan and I bought is now $251.99 with $19.99 shipping. The prices bounce around so much, it makes your head spin.

[added 1/27] I didn't want to bump the thread so I'm adding here - I called and got the $7+ back also. Makes the deal even better. One thing about a fence like this is that it'll last forever.

Last edited:
There were a bunch of holes in the angle iron. I think it's designed for their extension table (which they offer in some of their packages). I just put some screws in those holes.

They included two legs in my package and I may put them on the extension so that if I put something heavy on it, it won't tip the saw over.

I did have to drill the rear angle iron to attach my outfeed table. You're right, it drilled pretty easy.

Now we need to see Alan's installation.

Mike

BTW, I just checked Amazon and the fence Alan and I bought is now $251.99 with $19.99 shipping. The prices bounce around so much, it makes your head spin.

That's a lower price right? Calll Amazon, 1-800-201-7575 and tell them that you just bought it and they will refund you the difference.

They will ask you for either your email address or for your order number. Then they will ask you for some identifying information. That's all. It'll go pretty quick for you. You can call 24/7.

That's a lower price right? Calll Amazon, 1-800-201-7575 and tell them that you just bought it and they will refund you the difference.

They will ask you for either your email address or for your order number. Then they will ask you for some identifying information. That's all. It'll go pretty quick for you. You can call 24/7.
Thank you Mark. I just got $7.92 credited back to my credit card.:thumb:

And thank you Mike for mentioning it went down. You gotta love it when you feel that you've got a fair deal and get another $7.92 back a few days later...:headbang:

EDIT: arrggghhhh miter slots are just a tad wide, needs a bit of fabricating to work on my saw, but I've solved the first problem with a grinder!;)

Last edited: