New Toy

Rick Prosser

Went by the local tool store today, and must have parked too close to the loading dock. When I left, this package was in the back.

sawstop.jpg

Now, if I just had a shop to put it in...

More pictures once it gets moved in and unpacked.

Yep, it is the The SawStop® 10” Professional 3HP Cabinet Saw with 52" fence.

With the safety feature, and the quality of the saw, I just did not see a better option for a first table saw. A little pricey, but the safety aspect is worth it IMHO. (And, the LOML insisted on it :thumb:)

I hear they are a pretty nice saw for cutting wood.

Horrible when it comes to slicing hot dogs though... :D

You will love it, and over the rest of your life time (may you live a very long time!) it will become a very reasonably priced tool, and a joy to use, as any good tablesaw is! :thumb:

Last edited:
Congrats. I played with these in the stores and as others have noted; the tool is very high quality even without the safety features. Jackpot.

With the safety feature, and the quality of the saw, I just did not see a better option for a first table saw. A little pricey, but the safety aspect is worth it IMHO. (And, the LOML insisted on it :thumb:)

Plus, you will have it a lifetime. After a while the dollar cost will not be a factor. :thumb:

makes that ford look alot better now with some real value in the box to make up for the frame under it:) yur gonna like it rick...and dont worry about where to put it as quick as yu got your trator shed built you will have home for this real soon i am sure:)

Congrats Rick
Just a thought that you might want to be aware of. I dont know what that safety mechanism is like with wet wood. But since yu going to be doing a lot of construction, and if your 2x's from the local Borg are anything like our HD then you gonna get some wet wood. Might wanna check on how it treats wet wood and then if neccessary ensure you cut the safety loop when you deal with certain Borg wood.

I dont know a thing about how it treats wet wood but just thought it would be worth you finding out given the excitement and all you have going on. You dont want to crunch a blade that could have been prevented.:thumb:

Stu could advise. I think he did thorough research into it.

are they that touchy on moisture??? the MC in the borg lumber shouldnt be much over10 to 12% ...will that kick off the switch?
Larry,
last time I bought some fir from the Orange BORG it was so wet that you could actualy feel the wetness. And that is here in AZ where we have low Humidity. It was so heavy it was like picking up a slab of 10" wwide 12/4 maple.

I have to ask....Did you show her the advertising in the magazines that says "Wife Approved" and shows a person of the female persuasion holding a picture of a SawStop? If so, it worked!!
Congrats on the saw!! I'm betting you're going to love it. Jim.