New Toy

Congrats Rick
Just a thought that you might want to be aware of. I dont know what that safety mechanism is like with wet wood. But since yu going to be doing a lot of construction, and if your 2x's from the local Borg are anything like our HD then you gonna get some wet wood. Might wanna check on how it treats wet wood and then if neccessary ensure you cut the safety loop when you deal with certain Borg wood.

I dont know a thing about how it treats wet wood but just thought it would be worth you finding out given the excitement and all you have going on. You dont want to crunch a blade that could have been prevented.:thumb:

Stu could advise. I think he did thorough research into it.

With the saw powered on, but not running, just touch any suspect material to the blade, if it is OK the green light on the control panel will stay lit, if it is no OK, the green light goes out and the red light flashes.

If you have any doubt, then use the bypass key and turn off the safety feature, do one cut, turn off the saw, but leave it powered up, turn the safety feature back on and touch the freshly cut wood to the blade and watch the lights on the control panel.

I don't cut wet wood on my tablesaw, that is what a good bandsaw is for :D :wave: