Best telemarketer story...

Joe Tonich

Didn't wanna hijack Dons thread about telemarketers, so, lets hear your best telemarketer story...

When we got married some dude called about replacing the windows in my house. After trying to get rid of him for about 20 minutes...I gave in. Told him I'd need about 15 windows, installed, and want a price quick so I could get the loan papers filled out. He finally hung up all excited about how he made a good sale and how happy I'd be with the new windows.The next day I had a message on my answering machine...

"You never mentioned you live in a gol dern apartment building, you (butt head)!!!!" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Didn't know they were ALLOWED to swear at ya on the phone....:huh::rofl:

Last edited:
That's a good one. :rofl: My dad used to get the siding salesmen. He'd go through the whole bid process with them and say "That's great. My trailer has been needing new siding for a while"... The phone would always go dead.

That's a good one. :rofl: My dad used to get the siding salesmen. He'd go through the whole bid process with them and say "That's great. My trailer has been needing new siding for a while"... The phone would always go dead.

I actually had a siding sales person come out to my house, measure it all around and give me a quote - a mere $16,000 to put siding all around my house.... the house was a solid brick house.. the only wood on the outside of the house was small arches over the front windows - 2 of them, a panel over the garage door.. width of the garage door and about 2' high, the garage door was wood and the eaves and soffit....
When I stopped laughing, :rofl: she offered me a deal, 50% off, if I signed that night.... another fit of laughing :rofl:... I told her I could paint all the wood on the outside of the house with 1 gallon of paint for $29.95 - if she could match that we had a deal...:rofl:
She wasn't friendly when she left.... :wave:

I like to press a button on the phone as soon as they start talking. The smart ones just hang up. The dumb ones, after a 20 seconds or so, realize they are causing the beeping and try to... talk...real...slow...to...get...in...every...word...from...the...script.