Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Tucson Az. Hi,

From Tucson Az. Hi,

Just wanted to say Hi to all of you. I have been reading your posts and looking at your pictures for over a year now. I have enjoyed every minute of it. I started turning about 3 years ago. At that time all I had was a metal awning in the back yard. Last November I put up a 12 by 16 shed and made that my turning shop. Started with a Jet 1014. That little machine runs great. But like most of you it didn't take long and I wanted bigger. Thats how I got here in the first place. I E mailed Frank and asked him about the Grizzly he was using. Was all set to get one when Tool Nut had there big sale. Ended up with a 1642-2 Jet. In a couple of weeks I will be doing my first craft show. It is at my wifes work they hold one for employees only so very small and just a good way to meet people. Looking forward to reading a lot more posts and waiting for the day my stuff looks as good as yours.
    Dennis

Glad to see you decided to step out into the open and say hi, Dennis. As you've already learned, there's always room for one more in the Abyss. Congrats on your upcoming show. You think you're hooked on turning now? Wait until you get paid a bit of money for making things you enjoy making.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

welcome dennis
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Welcome !!
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Welcome. i'm am pretty new here as well.

Hello,

Welcome Dennis -- share and have fun....

paul
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

Hi Dennis.

Welcome to the Family Dennis!

If you want to, show us some pics of your workshop, I'm always looking for pics of other guy's workshops, as there are always some good ideas lurking in there somewhere that can be borrowed!

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Hi from your neighbor to the north.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I had the best steak in my life in Tucson. It was a place called the Bar M. Probably 15 years ago.
    Faith, Hope & Charity