Acorn Birdhouse Ornament

Here is one of the six birdhouse ornaments I turned this week. It is walnut on top and ash on the bottom. The little mini birds I found at Michaels. It is around 2" to 2 1/4" across and 2 7/8" tall. It is sanded to 400 grit and finished lacquer. The other 5 are being finished and will get pictures later.

Attachments

• Acorn Birdhouse 1.jpg
    Acorn Birdhouse 1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Acorn Birdhouse 2.jpg
    Acorn Birdhouse 2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 28
I like those, Bernie! Yet another facet of this turning thing I have yet to try. So much to do and so little time... Man, I'll be glad when I retire so I can spend all day in the shop (when my grandkids aren't palying ball, or the like, that is).

Cute bird boxes, Ever think of making full sized ones for hanging outside? Michaels? Eh? I wander through there sometimes and always come out with a fist full of little dodads and project ideas. :thumb:

Cute bird boxes, Ever think of making full sized ones for hanging outside? Michaels? Eh? I wander through there sometimes and always come out with a fist full of little dodads and project ideas. :thumb:

Yep that is one thing on my list to turn. I am like Billy so many things to try and not enough time. A couple more years and I will be retired. I hope then to have time to stay in the shop more than a few hours a week. Thanks all they were a blast to make.