Are People Really This Guillble??

Dan Mooney

I've been looking for some ideas for Christmas projects, and came across these candle holders. They were priced at $70.00/pair :eek: :dunno:

I almost fell off my chair! Maybe hanging around you guys, my expectations are too high. :thumb:

Think I'll run down to the BORG and get some 4x4's, be rich by New Year's.

Attachments

• Candle Holder.jpg
    Candle Holder.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I love to go into touristy areas and look for craft stuff. It gives me great insight as to what I should charge for stuff.

I also go to big craft shows - especially at Christmas time. I like the Christmas Village in Boston.

GREAT insights there.

We definately do NOT charge enough for out work.

dan i am sure if yu rerad the fine print ,,that yu can get the filler in many colors to match your decore.. also notice the high quality in the selection of the woods location of the tree.

Yeah don't forget Dan, you have to sort through the whole wood pile to find a 4x4 with cracks! :eek::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Then don't forget to pick up the colored silicone on the same trip!! :dunno: Actually thought maybe it is from Larry's shop, he buys 'em from Vaughn and has to build fancy smancy jigs to cut those round things square!!! :doh::eek:;):D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, man, that filler putty in the checks costs money, and is a lot of work - especially if you're gonna sand it smooth!

$75.00 - no way! $7.50, maybe...

I had seen those while surfing for ideas for Christmas gifts like you. I also thought the price was a bit high but, if your business loses money, sometimes that's a good thing(?). Just being cynical ;-))

Hey, they are cracked. That makes them 'art' and you always mark way up for art. :rofl::rofl:
Not much different than the broken old toilet I saw in an art gallery for $5,000.00.
Yer right. I don't get 'it'. :dunno: And I don't get those prices either. :(

LOML and I took a getaway weekend to view some Fall color and remove ourselves from the distractions of what we should have been doing at home. Among other things, we walked through several "antique" stores in the tourist area we visited. She has inherited a lot of old glassware, do-dads and thingamajigs from her grandmother in recent years. There is one small pitcher she thought was ho-hum but she decided to hang onto it and leave it to another family member someday. She saw identical pitchers in each of two stores this weekend: one priced at $125; the other at $325.

Of course, her thought was that if she could get the average prices we've seen for this and a lot of other stuff, she could retire early. Then, reality sets in and, like another poster said, one can ask any price for an item but it doesn't mean they'll get it.

Then again, based on $70/pair for those candles, I threw away a few thousand bucks in potential revenue last month when I finally tossed a bunch of shop cutoffs! :eek:

Youse guys juss has to read da fine print. Those extreeeemly rare and antiquitus candle holders were cut out of wood from NOAH"S ARK!!!. There is also available some that were cut out of THE ARK OF THE COVENANT!!!. You will have to call on the price. cause those are one of a kind and may not be sold AT ALL!!!!!!..............:huh: