Bradford, VT says Hey...

G'day, folks. Tim Hofstetter. Some of you might know me from elsewhere - it's easier for you to find me right now than for me to find you... gimme a "Hi" if you happen to spot this. For the rest of you... good ta' meet you.

'Zit OK for me to park my truck there? Yeah, no - I don't mind the acorns, I just wanted to be sure it's out of the way, 'case they need to get a flatbed around the corner or something.

How old's the coffee? Mind if I tap into a cup of it? It's been a long weekend...

:)

Well well well ... lookie who we found!

Welcome over to this side, Sir.

It may hurt his reputation a little, but I will fully vouch for ol' timmer, here. He's a heck of a guy and knows a good deal about a great deal of stuff. Good friends from another forum and I have no doubt he'll contribute a ton of knowledge as well as good humor to the place.

Good to see ya here, man. Very good to see ya here. :)

Edit: Oh yeah - you'll be pleased to find a fair amount of familiar folks over here, too. Cody, Jerry, Leo, Niki, heck ... at least a dozen more I'm forgetting. Plus, lots of good folks here that "fit" our kinda style for the most part. :)

Last edited:
Hey Tim welcome !
My daughter lives in Dorset, Vt
The wife and I have been thinking about moving to the Franconia/Littleton area. Thats pretty close to you I think.

Last edited:
Heya, Bob!

Dorset's about two hours "downcountry" from me, Littleton's a quick drive the other direction... only place I know where HD and Lowe's are parked right next to each other.

Next time ya cross The Big Blue River, gimme a shout & I'll show ya what real coffee tastes like... :)

Howdy Tim, why'd you park the truck under the oak tree fore? That there is my spot so the acorns fall in the bed so I can take 'em home to feed the deer!!:rofl: Don't know about the coffee, puts hair on your face I am told :eek:. But anyways, welcome to the family!!

If I showed pics of my shop, you'd die laughing... it's in an awful disarray still. Since we bought this place, I've been focusing pretty hard on the house & haven't set aside enough time to really get the shop squared away. The shop ceiling's not even insulated yet - if that doesn't get done, it'll be chilly work all winter.

I DID at least separate out the machines into sensible general areas; the planer & jointers out in the unheated space next to the big Bridgeport clone, the rest of the machines crammed into the heated space. It's a little tight in there, so I may need to sell off a few things to get it to make good shop sense.

Am I rambling? Prob'ly... but I figure this is part of the introductory period, and I'm past the half-century mark, so I can do that. :)

The house stuff isn't much to look at still, either - there's been an awful lot of carpentry stuff going on, but nothing "pretty" for a while now. We stripped this house out completely, out to the inside of the sheathing. All interior walls, both staircases. Replaced all the windows, redid the siding, added a couple of windows, reinsulated the whole house, rebuilt both staircases, replumbed & rewired everything, added an upstairs bathroom, reframed all the interior walls as we wanted 'em to be... we're in the process of finishing the drywall upstairs now.

Over the winter I'll be doing the pretty stuff - the kitchen cabinets, the bathroom vanities. This weekend (maybe tomorrow) I'm going to the wood store to order 500bf of cherry & maple & poplar and 32 sheets of hardwood ply; that should be enough to get started. :)

Here're before & after shots of the front of the house:

n1113060320_30208615_1734.jpg

n1113060320_30208616_1944.jpg

Yo, Bud!

Coffee here's pretty bad - we let Larry make it. :rofl::rofl:

Friendship and advice is pretty good, though.

well, that would explain a few things... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

welcome tim.. strong coffee is good for the soul... makes yu appreciate the finer things in life more..

like stomach linings? :rofl:

welcoem to th asylm, spellink ix opshunal! :thumb:

...We stripped this house out completely, out to the inside of the sheathing. All interior walls, both staircases. Replaced all the windows, redid the siding, added a couple of windows, reinsulated the whole house, rebuilt both staircases, replumbed & rewired everything, added an upstairs bathroom, reframed all the interior walls as we wanted 'em to be... we're in the process of finishing the drywall upstairs now...

So what you're saying is you just did a little touch-up and called it good, huh? :D

I can see why your shop time has been sparse. The exterior rehab looks real nice...looking forward to seeing the pretty stuff as it progresses. :thumb: (In can nobody has mentioned it, we love pics...lots of pics.)

If you like pictures... I can show you the last kitchen I built - in the Vershire house. I don't know how much longer the ex will keep her dialup account, but this link should work until she drops it:

http://www.sover.net/~timlo/k/kitchen.html

That was done entirely in oak (roughsawn solids and plywood), as was the upstairs vanity (got no pics of that one).

Don't get me started, or I'll belabor you with pictures of some of my turnings. :)