Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FACE BOOK folk

FACE BOOK folk

i DID not send anyone any messages and i dont have no sister.....i got some of this awhile back from jeff and also jim.. i just pitched the stuff...and i would appreciate if yu would do the same from anyone... i am no longer on facebook..so dont look for me.. SORRY for this HUGE MESS..puter hacker can go fly a kite and crash over a cliff.......
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

OUCH! Seem rather unhappy -- If I knew a GOOD joke I would share it -- sorry don't know any..

Peace --
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

As a warning, there are a lot of phishing schemes around these days directing you to log into Facebook (or create an account if you don't have one) for one reason or another. These are not legit. Delete the message and don't, under any circumstances, click on the links in the e-mail.

Another one I've been seeing a lot of recently is telling me my bank has filed for bankruptcy, and I need to log into the FDIC website to see if my money was insured. As above, don't click anything and delete the message. It's a scam.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

it's rather amazing, but I'm seeing less and less spam --- I use Gmail for my main mail client, and it's amazing how good a job they do filtering out spam.
    I'm 'lucky' to get one or two a week. And in the last year I've had maybe one false positive.

...art
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

I set up an address on Gmail a year or so ago but haven't given it to anyone. I wanted to see how much spam I would get and I haven't received anything that wasn't supposed to be there. Must be pretty good!

To separate different types of correspondence, I have addresses on Juno, Yahoo and, of course, my own website. I get a lot of unsolicited stuff on Juno, most of it is filtered on Yahoo and I get very little through my website host because of their filtering.

The bad thing about the spam filtering is I know I'm gonna miss a notification of inheriting a wad of cash from my Nigerian uncle!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

I know I'm gonna miss a notification of inheriting a wad of cash from my Nigerian uncle!
    Don't worry Bill - they sent that email to me by mistake. I will forward it on to you

Larry, when this happened to me, I was told by a friend to change my password on FB. It took care of it. Also if you got one of the messages from Larry, change your password as well.

On a side note, I'm looking for someone to go to western union and pick up a check for $1million. All I need is your bank acct. and soc. number...honest it will be on the way, this is not a scam.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Prosser View Post
    Don't worry Bill - they sent that email to me by mistake. I will forward it on to you
    Wow, Rick! What a guy!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

When I was hiring salespeople I would check out their myspace or facebook accounts if I was interested in hiring them. If I saw "questionable" behavior I would throw their resume away.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    When I was hiring salespeople I would check out their myspace or facebook accounts if I was interested in hiring them. If I saw "questionable" behavior I would throw their resume away.
    Over 80% of potential employers do this now. A good reason to post carefully.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com