FACE BOOK folk

larry merlau

i DID not send anyone any messages and i dont have no sister.....i got some of this awhile back from jeff and also jim.. i just pitched the stuff...and i would appreciate if yu would do the same from anyone... i am no longer on facebook..so dont look for me.. SORRY for this HUGE MESS..puter hacker can go fly a kite and crash over a cliff.......

OUCH! Seem rather unhappy -- If I knew a GOOD joke I would share it -- sorry don't know any..

Peace -- :wave:

As a warning, there are a lot of phishing schemes around these days directing you to log into Facebook (or create an account if you don't have one) for one reason or another. These are not legit. Delete the message and don't, under any circumstances, click on the links in the e-mail.

Another one I've been seeing a lot of recently is telling me my bank has filed for bankruptcy, and I need to log into the FDIC website to see if my money was insured. As above, don't click anything and delete the message. It's a scam.

it's rather amazing, but I'm seeing less and less spam --- I use Gmail for my main mail client, and it's amazing how good a job they do filtering out spam.
I'm 'lucky' to get one or two a week. And in the last year I've had maybe one false positive.

...art

I set up an address on Gmail a year or so ago but haven't given it to anyone. I wanted to see how much spam I would get and I haven't received anything that wasn't supposed to be there. Must be pretty good!

To separate different types of correspondence, I have addresses on Juno, Yahoo and, of course, my own website. I get a lot of unsolicited stuff on Juno, most of it is filtered on Yahoo and I get very little through my website host because of their filtering.

The bad thing about the spam filtering is I know I'm gonna miss a notification of inheriting a wad of cash from my Nigerian uncle! :eek:

Larry, when this happened to me, I was told by a friend to change my password on FB. It took care of it. Also if you got one of the messages from Larry, change your password as well.

On a side note, I'm looking for someone to go to western union and pick up a check for $1million. All I need is your bank acct. and soc. number...honest it will be on the way, this is not a scam. ;)

When I was hiring salespeople I would check out their myspace or facebook accounts if I was interested in hiring them. If I saw "questionable" behavior I would throw their resume away.

My employer does it at review time too...I know someone that got in trouble for questionable post about the company...