Diagonal Milling

Randy Wynn

:D Another odd job for the mill. This method of sawing is great for coffee tables, but it is rather hard on the clutch sawing diagonal to the grain of the log.

Zi6_0648.jpg

Zi6_0651.jpg

Zi6_0653.jpg

Randy, I looked at that first picture and thought, that guy can't cut it like that! It will hit the top of the saw, saw can't pass through, then your next picture loaded and :doh::doh: I see said the blindman! :p:p Man that is SWEET!!!!! Coffee table or one gigantic clock!!!:eek::eek: How difficult is it to keep that slab from cracking?? Oh and was it harvested in the winter so the bark is tight or is that not a problem with that species?

Randy, I looked at that first picture and thought, that guy can't cut it like that! It will hit the top of the saw, saw can't pass through, then your next picture loaded and :doh::doh: I see said the blindman! :p:p Man that is SWEET!!!!! Coffee table or one gigantic clock!!!:eek::eek: How difficult is it to keep that slab from cracking?? Oh and was it harvested in the winter so the bark is tight or is that not a problem with that species?

Hey Jonathan Shively, Thanks for the kind words. I'm testing to see just how bad it IS gonna bust up. Maybe fill the cracks with gold before putting a finish on it, Ya recon??: The bark is coming off. It was all chewed up. I'm just doing this because I have a short fat log left over.

Last edited: