Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expanding the business

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Smile Expanding the business

Well I decided on how I can handle all of the calls I'm getting as well as the commission for the church. My son was laid off a few weeks ago. He his wife and daughter live with us while DIL is finishing up her school. Grandaughter goes to kjindergarden from 8-2:30 so I told him today that he needs to start helping out in the shop. He's a good kid and can be very meticulas I just need to teah him how to be meticulus and fast. I think he'll be alright.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Sounds like a good addition to the business.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Good for you, but lots of potential for stress there eh.

Best of luck
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Working with family is one of the toughest things to do. I'm an outsider on my wife's family business and it makes things interesting.

Good luck.

Jim

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mattheiss View Post
    Working with family is one of the toughest things to do. I'm an outsider on my wife's family business and it makes things interesting.

Good luck.

Jim
    Yes I know he has his own way of doing things and I have mine.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

When I owned my tool and fastener company my son worked for me. There were good times and not so good times.
    But generally a real good experience.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Perhaps Don's company could be a replacement for American Chopper
    パトリック
    daiku woodworking
    ^deshi^
    neoshed

Don, my dad and I have become very good friends. I could never have worked for him for any length of time side by side. He was very critical now it is called anal, about how he did things and wanted things done. My dad quit school in the 8th grade raised a family of five kids, bought his own gas station and put my mom through college. He sold the station and retired to bus driving and working out of a shop he built at home. Cancer really put a kink in his plans, but he is healthy and alive. The physical strength isn't there like it used to be. It was always weird, I could work with my buddy's dad all day and he could work with my dad all day with no problems, but if we stayed home and worked with our dad's, friction! Anyway, any family that can work together has my envy. It takes a special breed of person and it can be a wonderful experience. I hope it works out for you two and it is a positive experience and the business blossoms because of it.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Don , send him out here for 2 weeks. He will be ready for just about anything when he get home. Not Kidding. LOL

My lovely wife and I spend at least 8 hours a day together working retail, and have now for 16 years. Most couples tell us that if they had to spend that long six or seven days a week together, they would no longer be a couple.....?

I dunno, but for us, it is just the way it is
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward