lovely news today

You aren't a welder by any chance are you? The place I am at will probably be looking around the first of the year. Been down your road a couple times in the last few years. Good luck.

Dale in Blaine

Hang in there. Those heebie jeebies from the shock will go away if you get a plan going to find a new job. That said it's been close to a year since I last drew a paycheck.

Best of luck and good thoughts heading out your way.

Dan, Sorry to hear... hate to hear of anyone out of work in this day and age... fortunately, I've been retired for past 4 years, times get a little close between SS checks, but so far we are making it.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Dan. Hang in there and something will come your way.

I can relate to what you're dealing with now. After decades in television and cable TV, I went to work for a technology company I had bought from. They sold out to a multi-national firm that raided the company and laid off 310 of the 320 employees. I was in the layoff cycle on which our last day of work was 9/7/2001. Following the events four days later, there was absolutely nothing available anywhere. I was 57 and outta work. Ouch!

After nine months of talking with everyone I knew and a lot I didn't, I saw an ad for a bench carpenter in a high-end cabinet shop. I had a little portfolio of my work and made an appointment for the heck of it. They hired me on the spot. I only made a percentage of my previous salary, but it helped with the bills. One of those "any port in a storm" things! ;)

i guess i'll have more time for woodworking now, since the powers that be decided to eliminate my position at work. :eek:

Sorry to hear the news Dan. It sounds from the other postings that you have too much company in your situation. I am still employed but don't feel confident that the situation could not change at any time.