ShamWow

Bill Simpson

That annoying comercial and frequent topic of jokesters in my family. Last year after saying I was disappointed that no one gave me Shamwows for my birthday, They all showered me with Shamwows for Christmas. Although not as advertized I have found a great use for them. After they have been laundered a couple times, they become fuzzy and a great tack rag. It clears all dust and leaves no lint. :thumb: Throw them in the laundry after a few uses and renewed to their de-dusting glory. I found them to be much better at absorbing dust than water

Haven't tried the Sham-Wows, but those microfiber cloths sold for auto detailing also make good tack rags. I buy mine in bundles of 25 at Sam's Club.

In addition to being good tack rags, the micro fiber ones will find any sanding imperfections by sticking to them - whether you want them to or not. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Haven't tried the Sham-Wows, but those microfiber cloths sold for auto detailing also make good tack rags. I buy mine in bundles of 25 at Sam's Club.

In addition to being good tack rags, the micro fiber ones will find any sanding imperfections by sticking to them - whether you want them to or not. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I found that to be a shamwow procedure as well. Will look at Sams for the bundle of rags, but these Shamwows seem to last a long time.

Just don't drop those microfiber rags in the shavings from the lathe. They are like a wood chip magnet! I couldn't get all the chips off the dang thing.

Mostly I drop small things like bushings or nuts off the mandrel or the inserts from my tailstock into the shavings under the lathe:(... requires a handful by handful search to find it:(:(.... they land in the chips, burrow down and then immediately take a left or right so they are never just below where you dropped them.:(:dunno:

I really like the ShamWows. I scoffed at them when I first saw them, because I've had shammies before and they were AWFUL, to put it mildly. But David bought a box of them at CostCo, and I took possession of the small ones for the kitchen, and I LOVE THEM for cleaning, wiping down counters, and cleaning the bathroom. Toss them in the washer---but not into the dryer, as that ruins them (DAMHIKT).