"Borg" & rubber feet

Wm Layton

I've seen some references on the postings about a vendor named "Borg". I can not seem to find anything on the web. Any one have any ideas as to who they are. I'm actually trying to find some inexpensive small rubber feet to screw onto a project (ct of 24)

I've seen some references on the postings about a vendor named "Borg". I can not seem to find anything on the web. Any one have any ideas as to who they are. I'm actually trying to find some inexpensive small rubber feet to screw onto a project (ct of 24)
Hi Wm and welcome to the forum!:wave:

Borg is a slang reference to Home Depot, Lowes, Menard's, et. al.

A not-so-nice reference to their "oneness" and conformity as well as a nod to the fact that they, like the Borg, do their business in a 'big box'.:rofl:

Borg is also called Borg in plagiary of Star Trek, wherein the Borg were half-organic robots with one collective mind. They lived in a vast cube-shaped starcraft, and their purpose was to assimilate all other things.

Home Depot & Lowes et al... live in a big box, and their goal is to assimilate all other suppliers. A lot of their employees are only half-human, too. :)

Home Depot is also often referred to as Home Despot, or BOB (the Big Orange Box).

Big Orange Retail Giant = BORG

As for the rubber feet, How big and how many... I picked up a couple hundred at a flea market last summer

I am definitely guilty of buying up little white rubber screw on feet. Some of the cutting boards I make are one side use only and I use the rubber feet to keep them from moving around!

I have alot of issues with my local borg, thats for sure, but I will say that they have their place in todays market.
The guy that wants to put up a shelf on a sunday afternoon, can always find a shelf or the screws he needs at 3 pm on sunday, or 8 pm on friday night.

I have nothing else positive to say about them.

I can't say too much bad about them. They haven't affected the sales of our local hardware store, County Store, at all. In fact County Stores has grown and opened a higher end garden equipment section.

rubber feet

Big Orange Retail Giant = BORG

As for the rubber feet, How big and how many... I picked up a couple hundred at a flea market last summer

Bill, What I am looking for are 28 black(preferred) or brown rubber feet about 1/2-3/4 in diameter and 1/4-3/8 thick which I will attach with a s.s. screw.
I am making 7 cheese cutting boards as family Christmas gifts. Just let me know if you have something and I will get the check in the mail.

I had a good laugh about "BORG"

Did you know there is a "Hollywood" Home Depot............

jessica-alba-at-home-depot.jpg

Yep, and that is Jessica Alba. I still enjoy watching Dark Angle!

Did you know there is a "Hollywood" Home Depot............

Last time I was in that area, the Hollywood Home Depot was open 24 hours a day. (I'd check on the website, but it's down for maintenance right now.) I'm guessing they get enough late-night business from the studios to make it worth staying open all night. That Home Depot is also notorious for having more than its fair share of attractive women shopping there, and swarms of illegal day laborers hanging out in the parking lot.

My grandson is a BORG Associate when not in school. :thumb:

There is good and bad with them, Always open and with a large selection of products is a plus, Locally, when you are looking for a product they don't seem to have, they refer to the local (mom/pop) Hardware store as your next source.

I too prefer to buy locally but sometimes you need a Large retail center

Welcome to the Family WM Layton. Hey we are on a first name terms here so ya gonna get called WM from now on hope you dont mind unles you wanna share what that W stands for. My guess is William so you could be Bill. :D

Since this thread got diverted to Borg comments, I thought i would share my experience with them as an immigrant to the North American retail culture and as a guy that used to work in a good old fashioned hardware store way back when i was a student.

My first impressions were WOW look at all these items and choice so much so that it was overwhelming. Then when the honeymoon wore off and you tried to actually find something it was a slipperly slope down hill and it has never stopped. As for the Canadian HD man they dont compare to the US ones.

I see the news is ablaze these days with the Banks nickle and diming us to death with all the charges well you need to be aware that the HD is nickel and diming us to death on all the small items like rubber feet and nuts and bolts. Go back to the local hardward store who used to be the expensive guy cause of convenience and volume he could buy, what you will find is real home grown service by someone that knows what you want, knows if he has it, if not will advise you where you can get it and if he has it is at least 30% cheaper than the HD.

Now i have begun to hate that place. I only go there when there is a real deal on something that i need. And as for their automated check out what a contradiction to the line "You can do it we can help", yeah right.:bang::mad::D

Apologies for the rant but they recked a good relationship at the very beginning with false promises.

Last edited:
Here is what I have: Looks like they are 1" wide at the widest part and 9/16" thick. I have no screws but will package them for you, if you want them, and will send a mailing address.

bumper7.jpg

bumper6.jpg