"Borg" & rubber feet

Everyone is bashing the BORG's (somewhat anyway)... I spent about 6 months as one of the assimulated in the tool and hardware department. Planned to work about 30 hours a week, which wasn't bad for a retiree... problem was I had a 30 mile drive back when gas was at highest.... after about 5 months they cut hours to 16 a week... but wanted to do that over 4 days.... it began to cost me money to work there, so I re-retired. It was fun while it lasted, but the marketing manager was an idiot... he actually told my supervisor that I spent too much time with the customers....:dunno::dunno:
During my previous career, I was a shipping manager that for all practical purposes only dealt with customers in a customer service mode... since most anyone could do their own shipping, the customer service was what kept us in business.:dunno:

There are good and bad BORG emplyees just like any other place you go. I personaly know of several good ones at my local borg and they are just people trying to earn a living. They do there best to be helpful. Oh BTW there are BORG emplyees who are members here and are quite accomplished woodworkers so don't go bashing the folks for trying to make a living.

I plan on working part time at a BORG or fastener supply house when I retire. Most of the folks who work around my area are older guys like myself who have been in a trade or know know hardware.

Borg employees are only half human?....I don't have them that high on the food chain.:eek:

Now, Now, Roger, think about it. :huh: After making a statement like that, the next time you visit a BORG and have to ask an associate a question :eek: you would (according to your assumption) fall below half and to the bottom of the food chain.... Or are you already there?

One time there was a new teacher who was (I thought) the dumbest guy I ever met, then one day it dawned on me... He was talking way over my head :doh: Perhaps it is You who are lost in the woodrack... :eek:

My grandson who is currently 4.0 GPA in College of Engineering works at BORG when not in school and he laughs about some of the people who come in for assistance. I also know several retired Teachers that work there for tool money, one fellow told me that he hasn't taken home a whole check since he started because he spends it all on tools. Another retired teacher. College educated and high up on the food chain.

BORG employees, like all employees, good ones and bad ones. Some bosses good, some bad. I prefer not to generalize. They (stores and employees) all have their place. I am very lucky in that I have a local lumber yard, second generation owned, very, very knowledgeable man and most of the employees.
Now back to the general question, hope you found your feet. Bill, very good of you to offer and show the size!! :thumb::thumb:

I have located the needed Rubber Bumpers at "Unicorn Electronics". Great price and user friendly web site & pleasant folks.

Nice! I had a feeling the best solution for that quantity would be online.

One tip that I do, is instead of using the screws that come with the bumpers, I usually buy stainless screws instead, since the cutting boards will likely come in contact with water for washing up purposes.

I'm sure your presents will be quite appreciated!