GEEEEE...Where'd this white stuff come from?

Jim O'Dell

Las night, weather people said we might have some light flurries during the morning hours, that we were on the north edge just outside the watch area. Crawled out of bed to go to work, got to the hall outside the bedroom and thought, man that light coming from the family room is brighter than normal, did we leave the porch light on? No, sleet and snow covering the back yard. It's sticking to the roadways, but it's pretty easy driving. Snow is falling at a moderate pace right now. But here I am at work, nothing to do again! We have one customer that has come in in a new Lincoln LT, 3000 miles on it for an oil change. Guess some people are a stupid as I am!! Looks like we have maybe 3/4" on the ground now. Not much by any standard. but we are talking Texas drivers here. :huh: :D

Well, I'll be watching to see what you guys post today. Heck, I'll even read the ones about it being 80 degrees where you are. I need something to pass the next 10 hours!! Jim.

It was minus 6 yesterday morning here in Minneapolis, but was a whopping 7 degrees above zero this morning, and may hit 25 today. Woo hoo a heat wave!

Cheers,

Kevin

Yeah, I wish they would stay home. It's amazing to see how many don't understand the basics of driving on slick stuff. But they have problems with water too on a 90 degree day!
Sure wish I could play with google sketchup today, but I can't down load anything on the company computer. I need something to pass the next 7.5 hours! :rolleyes:
Kevin, sounds like your high will be about where our low was this am. Its about 27 here now. Preciptitation has stopped for the time being on our side of the metroplex. Mixed ideas from the weather people on if it will stop now, or pick up again later. Jim

It's finally looking normal here in NS. Aside from a couple of light dustings of snow, winter has been a non-starter.

Today we have -2 F with a winchill of -26 F. It's kind of reassuring in a way. The ground is freezing up, the sun is shining and all is right in our part of the world.

Well, I'll be watching to see what you guys post today. Heck, I'll even read the ones about it being 80 degrees where you are. I need something to pass the next 10 hours!! Jim.

You ask for it. It is so warm here today that I am going to have to figure out how to cool the pool down. I guess that we all have our problems.

Allen