Hello from East Texas

Mark Muhr

I just figured I'd introduce myself. I already know several guys here from another forum. For those that don't know me, my name's Mark but I also go by Stretch (I'm kinda tall :D). I'm a professional woodworker at a custom furniture shop. I got to where I am because I have a wonderful wife who was willing to support me through a year of apprenticeship. I'll pretty much tackle any woodworking project but I consider my strengths to be carving, veneering and inlays, and custom finishing with lacquer. I hope to chime in wherever I can contribute. This place seems to have a great atmosphere without too much drama. :thumb:

Since I know everyone likes pictures I'll post some of the last project I did as an apprentice. Thanks for looking!

GordonTable.jpg

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

Edit: Thank you to Vaughn McMillan for getting my account set up even though I have a yahoo email address.

Last edited:
Good ta' see ya here, Mark!

Now - folks - ya don't know this guy very well yet, but lemme tell ya... he does some REALLY FINE woodworking, and a LOT of it.

Mark? How about a picture of that sideboard I liked so much?

Well Mark, I'd say it looks like you've got this woodworking thing down pretty good. But can ya whistle and chew gum at the same time? OK. I knew that. How about underwater? Huh? :rofl:

Welcome to the family, and I'll echo all the previous compliments on the table and sideboard. Beautiful work indeed.

And no problem on the e-mail account. We've done hundreds like that, so we have the routine down pretty good. ;)

welcome mark and very nice work,,, i dont know what we have been doing here latly or what the other places have been doing but we need it to continue were gettun some mighty fine folk in here latly..thanks for picking us to join up in and look forward to your input...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Well Mark, I'd say it looks like you've got this woodworking thing down pretty good. But can ya whistle and chew gum at the same time? OK. I knew that. How about underwater? Huh? :rofl:

Welcome to the family, and I'll echo all the previous compliments on the table and sideboard. Beautiful work indeed.

And no problem on the e-mail account. We've done hundreds like that, so we have the routine down pretty good. ;)

Well Vaughn, I've found that when I start to think I've got this thing down I'm heading for a royal screw up. It's still not easy, in fact this past week our motto in the shop was "Nothing's ever easy." ;) Oh and thanks to you, I had to go try that underwater whistling thing. We'll just say it didn't turn out well for me, but the fish seemed to find it amusing. :D