Attachments

• Large Inboard Configuration S.jpg
    Large Inboard Configuration S.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Standard Configuration S.jpg
    Standard Configuration S.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 109
NICE!

I've had a shopbuilt lathe in progress for years now. If I ever finish it (WHEN, when I make enough shop time to do it), it'll swing 7' outboard. Only 24" inboard, though. That VicMarc swings it all INBOARD.

Na, I can't imagine ever needing seven full feet. I don't imagine I'll ever even swing 24" of wood inboard on mine, but it's there.

It is my understanding from the Australian sight that it was posted on, that the head rotates as well. Not sure if that is true or not. Also that outboard it will swing 98".

I think I have found my new lottery lathe. :D

Alan

Wish I could find more information on it. I've not been able to find a thing, not the first stat, measurement, price, or anything else. Looked on the Vicmarc site and got bumpcus. Does anybody have any definitive information on this lathe? Does it really exist?

I found this.......

The Vicmarc VL600 will be the most versatile and innovative woodturning lathe in the world, capable of turning the smallest of
pen barrels to workpieces 2.3m in diameter and 1.3m long. It will not just turn round shapes but also triangular, oval, square,
pentagonal and hexagonal shapes. The VL600 will be manufactured in Australia and sold primarily in Europe and USA (with
annual export sales growing from $700,000 to $2.7 million within five years).
>> LINK << on Page 9/11

They apparently got a nearly $450,000 grant for development.

Just last night, LOML AKA SWMBO asked me, "What do you want for Christmas?" I was at a loss, last night, but now......:thumb: