Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Taiwan

Greetings from Taiwan

I just signed up a couple days ago. I am currently living in Taiwan and plan to retire next year to my home near Minot ND… 391 days or less. I learned some woodworking from my father years ago but haven’t been able to do much of anything since. He was a master cabinet builder and I have several pieces, a Grandfather Clock, Pillar and Scroll and some other pieces.

I have been planning for retirement for several years and have been outfitting a shop for the last 5 years. Though I haven’t been able to spend much time in ND, only twice a year. I enjoy woodturning and plan to get into turning some varmint calls and pens.

I’m looking forward to picking your brains

-- Minotbob

Kansas City, Missouri
    Welcome to the family Bob!

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Great to have you Bob.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Bradford, Vermont
    Welcome, Bob! Good to meet you!
    -- Tim --

Reno NV
    Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll have great fun once you can spend some time out in the ole shop!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Portland, Oregon
    Welcome Bob! I made it to Taiwan several times when I was in the Navy, Very fond memories!
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Tokyo Japan
    Welcome to the Family Bob!

Soneone near my time zone
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Welcome Bob !!
    I traveled to Taiwan several times to introduce their government engineers to our concrete rail tie fasteners.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Welcome to the Family, Bob.
    A Yank in Taiwan, interesting.
    Maybe, as we go along, you can help clear up confusions with what some call 'tai chi' tools made in Taiwan. Do you have any connection with companies that make tools?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I can answer any of your questions about any Boeing airplanes but not Taiwan built tools unfortunately. In fact most of the Taiwan made tools are not sold here. I tried to buy some Grizzly tools and was told no dice.