Greetings from Taiwan

Bob Anderson

Hi

I just signed up a couple days ago. I am currently living in Taiwan and plan to retire next year to my home near Minot ND…...in 391 days or less. I learned some woodworking from my father years ago but haven’t been able to do much of anything since. He was a master cabinet builder and I have several pieces, a Grandfather Clock, Pillar and Scroll and some other pieces.

I have been planning for retirement for several years and have been outfitting a shop for the last 5 years. Though I haven’t been able to spend much time in ND, only twice a year. I enjoy woodturning and plan to get into turning some varmint calls and pens.

I’m looking forward to picking your brains

-- Minotbob

Welcome to the Family, Bob.
A Yank in Taiwan, interesting.
Maybe, as we go along, you can help clear up confusions with what some call 'tai chi' tools made in Taiwan. Do you have any connection with companies that make tools?

I can answer any of your questions about any Boeing airplanes but not Taiwan built tools unfortunately. In fact most of the Taiwan made tools are not sold here. I tried to buy some Grizzly tools and was told no dice.

Welcome to the Family Bob. Coyote calls in ND?? I think on tv I see guys doing a lot of coyote hunting out there. Prairie dogs, don't know anything about, could become a millionaire if you figure out a call that causes them to raise up out of their holes!!!!! Take care, look forward to your posts, what kind of lathe do you have?

Welcome aboard Bob... Never got to Taiwan when I was navy.. closest was to Guam..

As an international shipping manager, did quite a bit of work into and out of TPE... looking forward to seeing your turnings... I've done a few varmit calls... not been real successful with them in my area.. I've sold quite a few duck calls and deer grunts, but the varmits don't seem to sell well.

Welcome to the Family Bob. Coyote calls in ND?? I think on tv I see guys doing a lot of coyote hunting out there. Prairie dogs, don't know anything about, could become a millionaire if you figure out a call that causes them to raise up out of their holes!!!!! Take care, look forward to your posts, what kind of lathe do you have?

Last summer I got my first lathe. A Grizzly G0462. I was able to play with it a little and was pretty happy with it. One thing I was disappointed with was that it did not have a hand wheel on the head stock. I didn't realize that until I was unpacking.