For all you long hairs

The link is working for me now. Musta just been temporarily down.

Gimme head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

You'd never know it now, but there was a time that I would:

Let it fly in the breeze
And get caught in the trees
Give a home to the fleas in my hair
A home for fleas
A hive for bees
A nest for birds
There ain't no words
For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder
Of my...

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

Mine never flowed or blowed, it just frizzed out like a bush!!!:eek:
Take a look at the old pictures of CCR, I looked just like the drum player :eek:.
My head was a smaller ball when I put on my motorcycle helmet!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Close cut keeps it on the head, long locks fall on the bed!!! :huh::dunno:

LOL I am having some good LOL over the responces. I had my loc's cut 2 times, Once after a Da-glow paint battle with oil paint and the 2nd was curticy of Uncle Sam. But darn is I don't still try to get it long every few years. :huh:

I only tried to grow long hair once... back in the '70's.... after about 6 months, couldn't stand it any more and cut it back to my old traditional style hair cut... fortunately, I guess I have enough Indian blood that I still have all of it and most is still the original color. I'm one of those rare reddish-blonde headed Indians.:D... My mother's father was 1/2 Indian and according to my father, so was his... but have some doubts there.

In the '60s I played in several small town rock bands. While in HS my Dad dictated my hair length. I graduated at 17...had a falling out with my parents, moved out, discovered beer and girls and I grew my hair the length I wanted. Then my maternal grandmother died. I went to southern Indiana for her funeral and there was my Dad. Now, I am pretty good size lad but in those days my Dad was not only 60 lbs heavier, I had witnessed what he could do with his fists while working for him on the floor of an oil rig. So....when Dad told me "YOU WILL GET A HAIR CUT BEFORE THE FUNERAL AND YOU WILL SHAVE THAT HAIR OFF ABOVE YOUR LIP!" I did. :(I had already received my draft physical invitation....passed the physical and enlisted in the Navy. Another month it was going to be cut off anyway.:dunno:

My hair has just enough wave in it that it only looks good in 2 cuts.....short or extremely long. I haven't had it extremely long since my Dad invited me to attend my maternal grandmother's funeral in 1968.

gotta agree with yu rennie on chuck R's photo he looked like a guy from the cartell in the pic..not someone yu wanted to meet in a dark alley:) glad he is all smiles now....whew:rofl::rofl: