Thread: Sam Maloof & James Krenov

Sam Maloof & James Krenov

I got the December issue of Popular Woodworking today, There are articles on both Sam Maloof & James Krenov. They were very interesting gentlemen.
    Jesus was a Woodworker

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Dan,
    Ya beat me to it. I did a workshop with Sam but never had the privilage of meeting with "Jim". I always wanted to but it just didn't happen.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    LOML saw she me reading this article and mentioned that she'd like to read it when I was done. After reading it remarked at how down to earth Sam was and all of the times she drove past his house she was too intimadated to stop in and ask to see his house. She said she was so glad I got to spend time with him in his shop. I told her that although many considered Sam bigger then life he was just a woodworker, doing what he loved, making furniture and sharing his craft with others.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward